1 (edited by joey.buddenberg 2022-08-11 10:54:18)

Topic: OSC commands for Talkback / Record

Hi all,

I'm trying to achieve the following for TotalMixFX together with companion in order to operate 2 things within TotalMix FX.

1) toggle the Talkback Button
2) start and stop recording (DURec)

In Companion I have setup a generic OSC connection to port 7001. Since Companion is running locally, the IP has been set to 127.0.0.1 (other OSC commands to other software is working).

From the excel file I think I would need 'mainTalkback' for toggling the TB button and 'recordRecordStart' and 'recordStop' to either start or stop recording.

With all this in place I still have no luck getting this to work.

Anyone who can shed some light on this for me?

Regards, Joey

2 (edited by ebulb 2022-08-11 14:02:46)

Re: OSC commands for Talkback / Record

i think you need to add the page number from the excel file at the start of the OSC address..  for example....  /1/mainTalkback

a good way to reference addresses is look at other existing OSC layouts in their editors... such as the touchOSC or OSCar layouts...

Hi @ebulb,

Thanks for this, indeed a very good reference. It confirms I was looking into the right direction as I had tried this already with the page number. As the recording functions would be /3/...

In the Touch OSC template for talkback it shows /1/mainTalkback x

Unfortunately still no luck getting it to work.

4 (edited by joey.buddenberg 2022-08-13 19:07:54)

Hi,

For anyone interested to achieve the same, reading the comments page in the OSC table I found the solution. See image.

https://i.postimg.cc/9RTzqNcG/Schermafbeelding-2022-08-12-om-14-04-32.png

Unfortunately the recordStop doesn't seem to work, but I have the TB and recordStart working. EDIT I was under the impression that I could stop the recording, but it is the 'stop' for playback. Makes sense.