Topic: Configuration by app, is it possible, does it exists

By and large I am very satified with my purchase (ADI-2 DAC FS), but there is always something to wish for, can be made better.

I am wondering if it is possible (by wire for now - USB) to have an iOS/Android app that has a nice structured interface to disclose all the settings of the RME DAC’s? It still is very cumbersome to navigate through the menus with those little knobs with multiple functions.

Perhaps that is something that only can be addressed in the future, for the to be designed RME DACs, a better user interface experience?

Or I am just getting old and no-one can relate to my issue.

All the best

Re: Configuration by app, is it possible, does it exists

This has come to topic many times, and the answer has always been clear and unambiguous. There will be no control app or interface for the ADI-2 DAC/PRO.

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

Sorry to hijack the thread, but anyone knows whether techinically it would be possible, i.e., just like there is a communication channel for firmware updates, is there a way to get to the rest of the device's memory over USB? Which then someone with a lot of spare time could reverse-engineer to create an app smile

4 (edited by ramses 2022-08-24 17:01:27)

This won't work that easy.
This will require a firmware update to implement something like an API to be able to change online parameter through USB.
I have doubts that this has already been prepared by RME in the firmware.

It would also require a change in the protocol not only to transfer audio data through USB but also control commands and this while audio is playing.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

eleweit wrote:

..is a communication channel for firmware updates, is there a way to get to the rest of the device's memory over USB? ...

When the device is built there must be some way to load the complete code into it.
But - I doubt that is via USB, more like preprogrammed chips or an internal interface.