1 (edited by rajanbills 2022-09-01 05:23:40)

Topic: Using line out

A neophyte question, I am afraid.

Thus far I have been using my RME ADI FS only with headphones. Today, I decided to plug it in to my amp using RCA. Try as I might, though, I am unable to get any signal to my amp. I notice that the RME is switching back to phones as the output, although I have selected Line out..

I would be grateful for some help with this.

Thank you!

Re: Using line out

You mean ADI-2 DAC FS, not ADI-2 FS (without LCD display), which is another device in existence.

Either unplug the ‘phones and/or IEM, or set “Mute Line” to “OFF”, “Toggle Ph/Line” or “Toggle Plugged”, depending what you prefer.

From the manual page 27:

14.1.3 Phones / DSD / Power

The subpage Phones / DSD / Power has the following entries:

Mute Line

OFF, vs. Phones, Toggle Ph/Line. Toggle Plugged. The default, vs. Phones, activates mute of Line Outs when inserting a phones or IEM plug. Alternatively Toggle activates the ability to manually switch between 'front' and 'rear'. It allows to have the Phones/IEM connected all the time. To change push the VOLUME knob for half a second. Via Remap Function Keys this function can also be controlled by one of the four function keys or the remote control. Toggle Plugged additionally activates the switching between Phones and IEM, automatically detected by the sensor contacts of the two outputs. Which also works via Remote and Function Keys, if Toggle Ph/Line has been activated there.

@KaiS, Thank you so very much! I had not quite realized this. Your solution worked like a dream. Thank you!

rajanbills wrote:

@KaiS, Thank you so very much! I had not quite realized this. Your solution worked like a dream. Thank you!

Dam a few fellows on this forum are really good with technical feedback and very patient explanations for all kinds of questions. 
Thank you for all your comments .

I learn  something every time I read this forum about RME products and the technology they embrace.  Just a really good job by all and greatly appreciated.

WY

CD Transport>optical>RME ADI-2 DAC FS(AKM)>XLR balanced >GLM software>Genelec Monitors 8340A