Topic: Bug report: Phones 3/4 eq incorrectly disabled at high sample rates

Hi, I would like to report what I believe is a bug in my RME Adi-2 Pro firmware.

Because of DSP limitations, at 700khz+ sample rates EQ can only be enabled on phones 1/2 or phones 3/4 but not simultaneously.
When initializing playback with equalisation enabled on both phones 1/2 and phones 3/4, phones 1/2 takes precedence and the eq on phones 3/4 thus becomes grayed out and inactive. So far so good.

However disabling eq on phones 1/2 does not cause eq in phones 3/4 to become active. Trying to reset by disabling phones 3/4 eq and re-enabling it displays the message: "DSP limit reached EQ currently disabled", even though all other DSP is disabled at that point. I did double check to make sure crossfeed was disabled everywhere too.

Currently my workaround is to turn the unit off and on again and then EQ is correctly enabled on phones 3/4.

Re: Bug report: Phones 3/4 eq incorrectly disabled at high sample rates

I can not reproduce this. When turning off EQ 1/2 the EQ 3/4 is immediately and automatically enabled. Doesn't matter if B/T, Loudness or Load Preset with B/T are active as well.

Are you on the latest firmware DSP 116?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME