Re: New macOS RME USB 4.06 driver – public beta test

@dhatt

Hi, are you using a hub with your BF? If you do, try connecting the BF directly to a Usb port!
I 'm not a Mac user, but I tried to research a bit. Here 's a good article by Sweetwater, that you can check: https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar … es-on-mac/

Here 's another article, two years ago: https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/02 … face-users

You should check that, too! Here 's a quote from it:

Those affected by the issue are encountering dropouts, pops, and other similar issues with gear brands like Apogee, Focusrite, Native Instruments, Yamaha, RME, and MOTU, according to complaints on Reddit, Logic Pro Help, Apple's support forums, and elsewhere. USB interfaces have been the most commonly impacted, but trouble may manifest to a lesser extent with Thunderbolt hardware.

Apple is reportedly aware of the glitch, as are manufacturers like RME, which have linked the problem to macOS. The cause could have something to do with macOS' system time daemon, "timed," as some people have reported success by unloading it. The daemon returns once a Mac is rebooted, however.

As you can see, it's not just RME. So take other forum members' suggestions under consideration, because they 're trying to help.

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

MetalHeadKeys wrote:

@dhatt

Hi, are you using a hub with your BF? If you do, try connecting the BF directly to a Usb port!
I 'm not a Mac user, but I tried to research a bit. Here 's a good article by Sweetwater, that you can check: https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar … es-on-mac/

Here 's another article, two years ago: https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/02 … face-users

Those affected by the issue are encountering dropouts, pops, and other similar issues with gear brands like Apogee, Focusrite, Native Instruments, Yamaha, RME, and MOTU, according to complaints on Reddit, Logic Pro Help, Apple's support forums, and elsewhere. USB interfaces have been the most commonly impacted, but trouble may manifest to a lesser extent with Thunderbolt hardware.

Apple is reportedly aware of the glitch, as are manufacturers like RME, which have linked the problem to macOS. The cause could have something to do with macOS' system time daemon, "timed," as some people have reported success by unloading it. The daemon returns once a Mac is rebooted, however.

As you can see, it's not just RME. So take other forum members' suggestions under consideration, because they 're trying to help.

Man, Your post just solved the problem (i hope...). My Babyface works perfectly with a direct connection. So the problem comes from Apple. As i say in a later post, I'll switch to PC ASAP. Apple is not the company as we known in the past.
Thanks!

Hey everyone.
Used to be a happy Babyface Pro owner. For a year everything was perfect with M1 Pro 16 inch. Giant projects, zero latency, stability, the whole shebang.

Ten days ago started having serious dropouts in Logic while recording vocals (there are "holes" left in the recordings itself, plus crackles etc, which renders the recordings and the Babyface Pro itself unusable professionally). This happens at every kind of buffer/sample rate/settings  config, although bigger buffer sizes are a bit better but still unusable. Again, this wasn't a problem even two weeks ago. Moreover, when using the inbuilt mic on the Macbook and headphones plugged straight into headphone jack there much less dropouts at even the most extreme setting, and, most importantly my recordings are CLEAN without any holes/pops/crackles in them. Obviously, a Macbook mic is no replacement for my Babyface Pro / U87ai combo, so please please help me somebody.

I tried: updating drivers, updating MacOS (problem started on Monterrey and didn't go away when upgrading to Ventura). Used different USB cables / adapters / ports on the Macbook. I tried different settings in Logic, tried Ableton too (stability and dropouts there are so much worse).

The only idea I had that I didn't try yet is downgrading to the RME driver which I used last year (I would guess it's the one before 3.28) because I cannot find it available to download anywhere on the RME site.

Please help me good people, I'm going nuts here.

@n_ogg, what changed approx 10 days ago with your setup? Something had to have changed in order for your problems to start e.g. macOS update, RME driver or firmware update, Logic update etc. Getting a better idea of what changed with your setup will help to recommend potential solutions.

MetalHeadKeys wrote:

@dhatt

Lol, no I am not using any hubs. And yes, this doesn't related at all. I have direct connection and glitches.

@Maddcow
The only changes in my setup over last couple of months were me upgrading Monterey to a higher version (i.e. 12.5 to 12.6 or even smaller, like 12.6.5 to 12.6.6, I don't remember exactly) and upgrading RME drivers (probably something like 3.26 to 3.28). I think I only noticed the problem 10 days ago because I haven't been recording vocals since early May. It was perfect then.

Is there a way to download an earlier Babyface Pro driver (something from last year maybe?) and downgrade? I cannot find any links on the main site and the stuff in driver archive is 4-5 years old.

I'm currently on 4.08 and it SUCKS - I can live with crackles on playback, no problem, but corrupted audio recordings is the worst thing that can happen.

Any ideas?

Just my anecdote and not advice, but...

Even though it appears to be an Apple problem (with RME's quietness further frustrating customers), I have "solved" this recent issue of crackling artefacts in playback and recording by moving my UFX II to a CalDigit TS4 powered hub. It's not cheap, but I needed this device anyway as it improves my setup and allows M1 MacBook Pros to drive dual displays.

Good luck out there

RME team is here ?

bran wrote:

Even though it appears to be an Apple problem (with RME's quietness further frustrating customers), I have "solved" this recent issue of crackling artefacts in playback and recording by moving my UFX II to a CalDigit TS4 powered hub. It's not cheap, but I needed this device anyway as it improves my setup and allows M1 MacBook Pros to drive dual displays.

Good luck out there

Oh, CalDigit TS4 seems like a great device. Too bad there's no way to buy it in my country easy way. Still not sure if this is solving issue, tho. Can you confirm you after you tested it more, please?

dhatt wrote:
bran wrote:

Good luck out there

Oh, CalDigit TS4 seems like a great device. Too bad there's no way to buy it in my country easy way. Still not sure if this is solving issue, tho. Can you confirm you after you tested it more, please?

Where are you from?
I have bought two of CalDigit TS3 from Amazon.com with forwarding to Ukraine, so I think you can too... But in my case I have clicks in both ways, through dock and direct connection.

RME,  please some feedbacks

I have an issue with the latest Fireface USB Settings from 4.082 driver version, upon wake from sleep its no longer running. Is it a new behaviour? UCX, Intel iMac, macOS Ventura.

363 (edited by bran 2023-07-14 01:09:48)

Yeah, that's why I put the word "solved" in quotation marks, because it's just a patch or a workaround for a problem that still exists. For me, I no longer have any crackling in my recordings or playback. Prior to the TS4 I was using a very cheap dongle USB hub. If the problem is related to how MacOS or MacBook hardware handles USB power and/or bandwidth on the bus, for me it has gone away with the TS4. That's why I offer my success just as a story to share, and not advice.

igordp wrote:
dhatt wrote:
bran wrote:

Good luck out there

Where are you from?
I have bought two of CalDigit TS3 from Amazon.com with forwarding to Ukraine, so I think you can too... But in my case I have clicks in both ways, through dock and direct connection.

Also Ukraine, but I guess I'll pass if this doesn't solve the issue...

I'm Ukrainian too. Привіт, хлопці!
Caldigit is too expensive for me atm, but thanks for the advice.

Question: has anyone tried buying a genuine RME USB (b) to USB-C cable from www.rme-shop.com ? It's a Netherlands site, are they even legit?
Previously I've tried using an Apple adapter (i.e. Babyface Pro -> Stock RME USB cable -> Apple USB-C adapter -> Macbook) and afterwards used a UDG usb-c cable I've bought at Thomann. Same stutering and corrupted recordings everywhere.

So weird that there are no words from RME on this. I tried writing to RME's support via the website form but it had glitched out and I've been sent back to the homepage. I have no time for this crap tbh.

RME has such a good reputation for stability and support but after reading this forum for the last couple of weeks it seems that your reputation is no longer deserved.

n_ogg wrote:

Is there a way to download an earlier Babyface Pro driver (something from last year maybe?) and downgrade? I cannot find any links on the main site and the stuff in driver archive is 4-5 years old.

3.28 is still available on the download page, just select the device and scroll down the list a bit.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

n_ogg wrote:

So weird that there are no words from RME on this. I tried writing to RME's support via the website form but it had glitched out and I've been sent back to the homepage. I have no time for this crap tbh.

You can always write email directly without using the form.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

oli77sch wrote:

Some posts above I wrote about my test: even high RAM usage had no impact to the sound output on my Babyface pro on a M1 Mac. The other thing is: I had so many apps open, exported even a video out of FCP and there was still enough memory (or swapping was so smooth I didn’t take notice?). So what the h… are people doing with their computers? Ok, maybe they have large DAW projects with tons of plugins? But no, there are users reporting audio issues with very simple applications, listening music or such.
And in my opinion - sorry Ramses, not against you - in 2023 you certainly don’t write some shell scripts to solve something like audio or RAM issues, having such expensive professional gear in front of you. It should work without that! Again: I don’t experienced such issues myself but can understand users losing their patience…

I can also understand some users frustrations. It would drive me crazy but I’m like you and experience no issues at all. I’m using the latest RME drivers and the latest Apple software and everything runs as smooth as a baby’s bottom no matter what I throw at it. “shrugs”…Wish I had the answers. One thing to note is all I use my MacBook Pro for is audio and video work. It rarely gets online, no surfing, no email & no nothing besides AV work.

MacBook Pro M1, 32gb Ram, 2tb HD, UCX II running like a champ. Logic & FCP only. 

Cheers & best of luck to those having problems.

MacBook Pro Max M1 Ventura 13.4.1
32GB Ram, 2TB HD
UCX II via OWC Thunderbolt dock.
DAW - Logic

I've been told it is a Mac OS issue and i corrected in Sonoma, the next OS version release.

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------

RME Support wrote:
n_ogg wrote:

3.28 is still available on the download page, just select the device and scroll down the list a bit.

Oh my god, after more than ten days - two messages and literally zero useful information.

The 3.28 is this year's version (2023-05-12). I clearly ask about something from last year in my message. Other stuff is for old OS versions. Why don't you read the messages intently before responding?

"You can always write email directly without using the form." - You can always you know, PROVIDE the email address when mentioning it instead of wasting my time, no? I don't have time to search for the email address on your site. There's nothing useful when clicking "support".

mattrixx wrote:

I've been told it is a Mac OS issue and i corrected in Sonoma, the next OS version release.

Dude, you're literally in all the threads blaming MacOS and telling people how Apple should fix it. Stop with the damage control already. If you have no problems - just don't post, you're not useful AT ALL. This is not Reddit and RME doesn't need your defense

n_ogg wrote:

Drivers are still available for download, you can edit the link to the version number you want (see the README file for versions).

Here is the oldest driver with M1 support:
https://rme-audio.de/downloads/driver_usb_mac_324.zip

More:
https://rme-audio.de/downloads/driver_usb_mac_325.zip
https://rme-audio.de/downloads/driver_usb_mac_327.zip

And so on...

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

RME seems not to help customer or a least explain where is the issue with the Ventura/M1 and RME ...  OK
After more than 10 years of RME product ...   :-(

-> I have 2 UCX 2 to sell.  Location :  France
Under Warranty, Like New

Regards

These issues are in no way RME specific, they affect all kinds of interfaces... If there were a simple driver fix, it would be there already.
Have you considered a PC?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

n_ogg wrote:

"You can always write email directly without using the form." - You can always you know, PROVIDE the email address when mentioning it instead of wasting my time, no? I don't have time to search for the email address on your site. There's nothing useful when clicking "support".

There's a link right in my posts on the forum, and there is one here, beneath the form...

support@rme-audio.com

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

These issues are in no way RME specific, they affect all kinds of interfaces... If there were a simple driver fix, it would be there already.

Are you in contact with Apple ? any roadmap for a fix ? (on Apple side or RME side ?)

If the answer is we don't know ...  -> My UCX IIs are on sell for PC users

I stay with MacOS

fa151515 wrote:
RME Support wrote:

Are you in contact with Apple ? any roadmap for a fix ? (on Apple side or RME side ?)

If the answer is we don't know ...  -> My UCX IIs are on sell for PC users

I stay with MacOS

I stay with Mac OS AND keep my UCX II. smile

32GB Ram, 2TB HD
DAW - Logic

378 (edited by dhatt 2023-07-20 08:21:25)

n_ogg wrote:

I'm Ukrainian too. Привіт, хлопці!
Caldigit is too expensive for me atm, but thanks for the advice.

Question: has anyone tried buying a genuine RME USB (b) to USB-C cable from www.rme-shop.com ? It's a Netherlands site, are they even legit?
Previously I've tried using an Apple adapter (i.e. Babyface Pro -> Stock RME USB cable -> Apple USB-C adapter -> Macbook) and afterwards used a UDG usb-c cable I've bought at Thomann. Same stutering and corrupted recordings everywhere.

RME has such a good reputation for stability and support but after reading this forum for the last couple of weeks it seems that your reputation is no longer deserved.

This is not an adaptors/cable thing. I have RME USB-C cable came with my Pro FS. Same issuesn.

379 (edited by dhatt 2023-07-20 08:33:41)

RME Support wrote:

Where's notification on your product pages that it's not working with Apple Silicon? Imagine someone still buying RME without even a notice that there's like 90% chance it will not work with their computer. Why you doing this? You loosing customers forever. Just put at least a notification, and people might consider RME again after everything resolved... Told this before, but I am really disappointed to see this kind of ethics from German company.

380 (edited by dhatt 2023-07-20 08:32:28)

RME Support wrote:

When you have leaky sink you not changing the apartment, you changing sink.

Once again, you do aware that RME is basically unusable with Apple Silicon, why you not concerning about notification of your potential customers? Do you realize the amount of frustration you put on people buying your products today, without that knowledge?

I don't think there is reason to assume that there is a specific issue between the M1/M2 Macs and RME gear or drivers, and not all users seem to be equally affected, because otherwise this forum and my inbox would be full of reports. No doubt that problems exist, but they don't seem to be as likely as you claim, and they don't seem to be RME specific.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

dhatt wrote:
RME Support wrote:

Where's notification on your product pages that it's not working with Apple Silicon? Imagine someone still buying RME without even a notice that there's like 90% chance it will not work with their computer. Why you doing this? You loosing customers forever. Just put at least a notification, and people might consider RME again after everything resolved... Told this before, but I am really disappointed to see this kind of ethics from German company.

90% ?
It is more the case that 95% of users have no problem at all.
You have bad luck with your computer.
I can give you a gratis tip :
CleanMyMac
https://macpaw.com/de/cleanmymac
I have this running on my Mac and from time to time I let it do a maintenance job.
It was recommended one day from an audio-engineer who owns large studios.
There is no guarantee it will solve your problems, but it is worth to try.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Just to chime in: BFP FS on M2 MBP Ventura all well.

Hi,
I just signed up to share my experience:
I use BFP FS, external power cord, directly connected to the Mac (first, bottom/left USB Port) .
Firmware v205, Driver 4.08
Macbook Pro with  M1Max/64Gig of RAM
DAW: Cubase 12
All Apps used are Apple Silicon native - no Rosetta.

Until recently I was using Ventura and was experiencing "intermitted" .5ms audio drops.
Drops were happening during MS Teams calls and when listening to iTunes/Youtube.
What I have found was that visiting specific websites or using image processing apps like Lightroom when also being on calls or listening to music would cause those drops.
Looking at CPU History it showed very high utilization for Efficiency cores (close to 100%) as well as the first 2 Performance cores during those times.
I never had any issues with Cubase but usually that was the only App running.
Also at that time I had Short Safety Offset selected in the Fireface USB Settings...

Recently I have upgraded to macOS Sonoma Public Preview and can report that all my issues have cleared.
I can push the CPU quite a bit with all the cores showing usage (first 4 high usage (2Efficient/2Performance), 5-10 medium).
Now in a very rare occasion I was still getting drops so I UN-Checked the Short Safety Offset.
At this time I have no drops but will continue to monitor and test.

My security setting are Full Security and since it does not allow system extensions I also removed Audio Hijack and Loopback (not sure if that made any difference since systems extensions were never installed).

Based on my experience I can say that there is/was something wrong with the macOS and how it handles real time voice during high CPU utilization. That could explain why moving from system ext to user space has been causing issues - as they have different priority. Not to mention difference in CPU architecture between Intel and Apple. Sonoma has also fixed my issue with external CFexpress reader/cards - poor performance - I had few tickets open with Apple and the last explanation was to keep installing updates as there could be a fix.

Hope this helps ....

Andy

waedi wrote:
dhatt wrote:
RME Support wrote:

90% ?
It is more the case that 95% of users have no problem at all.
You have bad luck with your computer.
I can give you a gratis tip :
CleanMyMac
https://macpaw.com/de/cleanmymac
I have this running on my Mac and from time to time I let it do a maintenance job.
It was recommended one day from an audio-engineer who owns large studios.
There is no guarantee it will solve your problems, but it is worth to try.

I've counted at least 4 new posters here only on this forum with same issue for last week only. I am sure, majority of Apple Silicon users have this issues. This deserves official statement and notification, even if RME doesn't think it's their fault, they should warn users.

AndyM wrote:

Hi,
I just signed up to share my experience:
I use BFP FS, external power cord, directly connected to the Mac (first, bottom/left USB Port) .
Firmware v205, Driver 4.08
Macbook Pro with  M1Max/64Gig of RAM
DAW: Cubase 12
All Apps used are Apple Silicon native - no Rosetta.

Until recently I was using Ventura and was experiencing "intermitted" .5ms audio drops.
Drops were happening during MS Teams calls and when listening to iTunes/Youtube.
What I have found was that visiting specific websites or using image processing apps like Lightroom when also being on calls or listening to music would cause those drops.
Looking at CPU History it showed very high utilization for Efficiency cores (close to 100%) as well as the first 2 Performance cores during those times.
I never had any issues with Cubase but usually that was the only App running.
Also at that time I had Short Safety Offset selected in the Fireface USB Settings...

Recently I have upgraded to macOS Sonoma Public Preview and can report that all my issues have cleared.
I can push the CPU quite a bit with all the cores showing usage (first 4 high usage (2Efficient/2Performance), 5-10 medium).
Now in a very rare occasion I was still getting drops so I UN-Checked the Short Safety Offset.
At this time I have no drops but will continue to monitor and test.

My security setting are Full Security and since it does not allow system extensions I also removed Audio Hijack and Loopback (not sure if that made any difference since systems extensions were never installed).

Based on my experience I can say that there is/was something wrong with the macOS and how it handles real time voice during high CPU utilization. That could explain why moving from system ext to user space has been causing issues - as they have different priority. Not to mention difference in CPU architecture between Intel and Apple. Sonoma has also fixed my issue with external CFexpress reader/cards - poor performance - I had few tickets open with Apple and the last explanation was to keep installing updates as there could be a fix.

Hope this helps ....

Andy

Thanks for report. Fingers crossed...

Another update. I just finished a 24 track project in Logic with 2 vocal tracks. Logic was the only thing running. Medium processor usage, no dropouts, 128 samples.

MacBook Pro Max M1, 32gb Ram, 2TD HD, UCX II connected via OWC Thunderbolt dock. All tracks recorded to local drive. Ventura 13.4.1 & latest RME Driver Kit drivers.

32GB Ram, 2TB HD
DAW - Logic

chrysalis99 wrote:

Another update. I just finished a 24 track project in Logic with 2 vocal tracks. Logic was the only thing running. Medium processor usage, no dropouts, 128 samples.

MacBook Pro Max M1, 32gb Ram, 2TD HD, UCX II connected via OWC Thunderbolt dock. All tracks recorded to local drive. Ventura 13.4.1 & latest RME Driver Kit drivers.

For the context, did you experienced dropouts before?

389 (edited by chrysalis99 2023-07-22 16:11:02)

dhatt wrote:
chrysalis99 wrote:

For the context, did you experienced dropouts before?

No I didn’t. My setup has been rock solid throughout. I suppose that doesn’t help much as it would be better feedback if someone had problems and no longer does.

32GB Ram, 2TB HD
DAW - Logic

I have no idea how many units that have been sold to Mac users, but I am one of the unfortunate ones that get glitches and dropouts using any driver after 3.27. So I have no idea if it affects 5 or 50% of mac users but is certainly is annoying on a otherwise beautiful products. Regard switching to PC that is a rediculous preposition. I actually switched from PC to mac to get rid of a lot of issues and 95% of my life got easier going mac, the RME audio driver is in the 5% that got worse. So I assume Admin is right that if this affected everybody his mailbox would be fuller, but it would be nice to know how many customers that are on PC or Mac . Just to know some facts.

I just tried the new drivers. The driver kit drivers on the download section. Constant errors now. Hope I can go back to the kernel extension drivers. The driver kit drivers are a no go.

Brandonx1 wrote:

I just tried the new drivers. The driver kit drivers on the download section. Constant errors now. Hope I can go back to the kernel extension drivers. The driver kit drivers are a no go.

I can now confirm 100% the driver kit driver was the issue. Went back to the kernel extension driver and my mac is happy again! There should be a warning with the driver kit driver.

393 (edited by garrel 2023-08-07 17:14:46)

Brandonx1 wrote:
Brandonx1 wrote:

I can now confirm 100% the driver kit driver was the issue. Went back to the kernel extension driver and my mac is happy again! There should be a warning with the driver kit driver.

How can you downgrade to the kernel extension drivers?

Went from intel mbp with no issues to m2 mba, because the motherboard failed on the intel.

Not so many issues for now, apart from high pitched, speeded up playback on safari, which I solved by unplugging and back... but I felt a really noticeable difference in audio quality. It sounds a bit more clear(I mean brighter) and compressed, dirty.
Not even a matter of perception I think, cause I know really well my tracks and my setup (same monitors, room, interface) is the same, apart from laptop and drivers. Anyone else noticed something like this?

394 (edited by oli77sch 2023-08-07 17:30:26)

garrel wrote:
Brandonx1 wrote:
Brandonx1 wrote:

How can you downgrade to the kernel extension drivers?

Went from intel mbp with no issues to m2 mba, because the motherboard failed on the intel.

Not so many issues for now, apart from high pitched, speeded up playback on safari, which I solved by unplugging and back... but I felt a really noticeable difference in audio quality. It sounds a bit more clear(I mean brighter) and compressed, dirty.
Not even a matter of perception I think, cause I know really well my tracks and my setup (same monitors, room, interface) is the same, apart from laptop and drivers. Anyone else noticed something like this?

The driver version has no impact on the overall audio / sound quality.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

I'm used to the Firewire driver on older macOS and have to say even the kernel extension USB driver can get a bit glitchy and choppy at times, when more than one software tries to access the interface exclusively. Somehow it was better at resolving these situations before. Using two or more audio apps at the same time is not an uncommon scenario in the audio production world (Logic + sound library browser + sound editor + iZotope RX all open, sometimes all playing!).

On M2 Mac Studio using FF UCX and macOS 13.4 (Ventura) - the kernel extension driver is stable, but somehow doesn't feel rock solid anymore, because of the above.

Re audio quality from one driver to another - there's a noticeable difference in the top end between 44.1kHz and 48kHz sample rates, but that can be set in the driver settings - kext and DK - I use 48000 Hz.

Fingers crossed the drivers improve.

Fireface UCX, Mac Studio M2 max, macOS Sonoma

Hi, today I've upgraded to macOS Sonoma public beta 3, the issue is here, same glitches when in PC mode. The CC mode works fine on my Babyface Pro FS as always.

Next time I'll try to made clean install of latest driverkit driver.

igordp wrote:

Hi, today I've upgraded to macOS Sonoma public beta 3, the issue is here, same glitches when in PC mode. The CC mode works fine on my Babyface Pro FS as always.

Next time I'll try to made clean install of latest driverkit driver.

So... I've performed a full macOS reinstall, and the first thing I installed were the RME drivers. The result? Everything is okay. For the moment, I haven't encountered any problems like before. It's possible that the process of updating the drivers from a kernel extension to a driver kit went awry, or maybe some other software, like Rogue Amoeba SoundSource, was the issue. This software uses its own kernel extension to manipulate audio. I can't say exactly what the problem was, but the full reinstall has resolved the issue for me. For the moment. Fingers crossed.

Rogue Amoeba has a beta phase ongoing for the next version of SoundSource on Sonoma.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

and for people that doesn't use SoundSource?
any feedback ?

any roadmap for a fix ?  any technical explanation ?

fa151515 wrote:

and for people that doesn't use SoundSource?
any feedback ?

any roadmap for a fix ?  any technical explanation ?

As I wrote, after full clean macOS reinstall (in my case it's Sonoma Beta) I installed DriverKit RME drivers and it works without flaws.

Rough Amoeba doesn't support betas which is normal, so Soundsource and other their products doesn't work on Sonoma beta at the moment.

I think maybe the process of RME driver upgrade wasn't smooth in my case.