Topic: HDSPe AES card perpetually loses sync

Hi all,
I have an HDSPe AES card which is perpetually ceasing to function after about 2-4 minutes of my computer being turned on from a completely cold boot (unplugged for at least a minute).  When connected to my converters it functions normally for a few minutes, before stuttering and then losing sync entirely a few seconds later.  I have used this setup for the past two years without incident, and my Windows 10 system, drivers, and card firmware are all up-to-date.

It does not make a difference if I have the word clock connected, what the sample rate is, what the buffer size is, nor how many AES ports are available to WDM.  I have tried each PCIe slot on my computer, different AES signals (including loopback), and different cables (all Mogami Gold).  None have had any effect on the issue.

Please let me know what other troubleshooting you'd like me to try, or what further information might be helpful.  My suspicion is that this might be an issue with the card itself (it's revision 1.0), but I dearly hope that's not the case.

Thanks for reading, it is much appreciated!

Re: HDSPe AES card perpetually loses sync

Which firmware version is in that card right now?

We did not experience such an issue so far, or got reports- other than underperforming PCIe slots due to bridge issues on the motherboard itself.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by sitting_ovation 2022-09-23 04:06:13)

Firmware revision 11, driver version 4.38

My motherboard is an Asus Prime Z390-A and, as I said, things have been working just fine for two years previous.

Hello there I have a similar problem right here iam using rme hdspe aes adi 8 DD adi 8 AE and tascam dm 3200 , clocking everything to rme hdspe aes everything working about 2 min after that iam losing sync, I have properly cable from Alva DB25 to xlr aes same with the tdif cable to final destination (tascam dm) iam working on ASRock z370 pro 4 Mobo with 10 windows up to date i7 processor any help please???

What exactly does "losing sync" refer to here?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I have sign NO LOCK on dsp and after few reboot comp didn't recognize the card and before that happens everything work like it should but about for 2-4 min , I like to ask did this configuration is properly for rme hdspe aes?? Rme hdspe aes to rme adi 8 DD to rme adi 8 AE and tascam dm 3200 ? It's this ok ?? It's compatible to use hdspe aes with this configuration?? Thank you