1 (edited by TwoThirteen 2022-10-04 16:32:22)

Topic: Bit Test question

Is it as simple as downloading and then playing the .wav file?

on my adi-2 dac I can't seem to get it to say that it's passed the test.

I'm just playing the .wav's in either Windows Media Player or VLC, hearing the sounds through my headphones, but not seeing any indication of a successful bitrate pass on the dac's screen. Just tried in MusicBee, too.

Currently no drivers installed, attempted in many of these formats..

https://i.imgur.com/CUyM9mp.png

Isn't the purpose of it to check if your source is good and bit perfect to your device? I'd imagine mine would be.. help?

Re: Bit Test question

Ensure that you use the RME ASIO driver in MusicBee and that the player volume is at 100%.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Ensure that you use the RME ASIO driver in MusicBee and that the player volume is at 100%.

By "RME ASIO Driver" do you mean the Madiface driver that's downloadable from the products page? I just uninstalled that a little bit ago but I have good news either way though.

Turning the player audio up to 100% and ensuring I was using Wasapi EXCLUSIVE (Edit Preferences > Player) Did the trick. Passed all.

@ramses do you have a recommendation for how to most effectively use TIDAL and the RME ADI 2 Dac in conjunction?

Windows drivers seem to be all be at 32 bit minimum and don't change Hz based off of the music it's playing, like WASAPI exclusive isn't acting as truly exclusive in Tidal..

Can't comment to this, I am not using streaming providers for music.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

TwoThirteen wrote:

@ramses do you have a recommendation for how to most effectively use TIDAL and the RME ADI 2 Dac in conjunction?

Windows drivers seem to be all be at 32 bit minimum and don't change Hz based off of the music it's playing, like WASAPI exclusive isn't acting as truly exclusive in Tidal..

Use Tidal as it is.
Since they introduced MQA (please, no discussion about MQA here) it‘s not Bit-Perfect anyway.

Keep in mind, most streams are based on CD-quality 44.1 kHz 16 bit masters anyway.
Which has been good enough for most except Neil Young ever since.
The higher rates Tidal offers are mostly pulled up from there and don’t contain more audio information.

ramses wrote:

Driver not needed, select WASAPI mode to be bit perfect.