Topic: Babyface Pro FS vs Fireface UCX II/UFX+

Hi, I'm thinking about starting a You-Tube/Twitch channel, and I was looking for an audio interface to record the sounds from my microphone. I'm trying to decide between the Babyface Pro FS or either the Fireface UCX II or the Fireface UFX+. In terms of outputs/ports, I'm really only going to need to record my voice (from my microphone), and the noise from my computer. So I was wondering what the sound quality between the Babyface Pro FS and the Fireface UCX II and UFX+ might be, and if there are any examples that I might be able to listen to myself.
Any help is greatly appreciated

2 (edited by ramses 2022-10-17 06:57:39)

Re: Babyface Pro FS vs Fireface UCX II/UFX+

You asked this already here and got detailed answers:
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 21#p192021

Sorry, there are no example recordings, and it's unlikely that you will hear differences with demo recordings. RME preamps are known to have the same neutral characteristic to record the authentic sound as I told you already in the previous postings.

If money is no hindering point and if the form factor (19") is no issue, then get the UFX II.
Then you have the same Mic Pre's like the UFX+.

But as you mentioned that you do not need so many ports: you could also get the UCX II which has also Autoset, full implementation of FX chip, DURec, Mic Preamps with 75 dB gain range which is good when using dynamic Mics.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13