Topic: [Solved] Cant get Babyface pro to change samplerate.

I am on a macbook pro 2016 Using reaper as a daw.

Now i want to wander into some higher samplerates territory, but seem to be unable to do so.
No matter where i click and choose it always rewerts back to 44,1 instantly.
Trying to change it in reaper and in Fireface USB settings but it only ever revert back to 44,1.

Why is this?
What can i do to get it to work with 96k?
All audio is stopped when i change this, and i dont even have a soundsource going on in the background, if something like that would mess with it.

Re: [Solved] Cant get Babyface pro to change samplerate.

Digital input signal with 44.1 kHz sample rate?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

It has always been on 44.1 but i want to switch it up.

Now i got a tip from facebook about seting the samplerate to what i want, 96k and then restart the computor.
That seem like a backward way to do that when one want to change samlerate.
Should it be like this?
Im on Big sur.

MC wrote:

MC wrote:

Ill take back what i wrote, that didnt sticl either.

I just have the RME babyface pro hooked up to my macbook pro and wanted to record and mix and master on 96k, but there is no way to change it, it seems.
If i try to set it to 96k it reverts back to 44.1 when i klick on reaper.
If i set it in Reaper first to have the samplerate at 96k, and then fireface settings, it still reverts back to 44,1 in fireface, and Reaper is whatever i set it to.
But i believe that whatever is set in the fireface settings is the operating samplerate?
Or am i just good to set Reaper to 96 and let fireface settings be on 44,1 and i still get 96?

In Reaper Preferences scroll down to "Audio" and select "Device". Uncheck "Request sample rate".

Hope that helps.

ronmac wrote:

In Reaper Preferences scroll down to "Audio" and select "Device". Uncheck "Request sample rate".

Hope that helps.

Thank you, I tried that to no avail. It still revert back to 44.1k.

My best bet is that you use a special tool/app/program, maybe permanent in background,  that interacts with CoreAudio and locks the sample rate. There is no such issue known for our hardware and drivers. The dialog in our driver mirrors the system function in Audio MIDI Setup.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

My best bet is that you use a special tool/app/program, maybe permanent in background,  that interacts with CoreAudio and locks the sample rate. There is no such issue known for our hardware and drivers. The dialog in our driver mirrors the system function in Audio MIDI Setup.

So i have Soundsource, lastest version.
That is about the only audio tool app running beside the normal stuff on Big sur, at least that i am aware of.
So, i can turn on 192khz and runt tidal and it stays there, and any other program, even change it from within Soundsource, but as soon as i open Reaper it goes back to 44.1k.

I have tried with the "request samplerate onand off" without it working and getting me a different samplerate.
So its only Reaper that seem to revert it back, eventhought i changed the samplerate in Reaper, as well as outside of it.

Ok, now its fixed!

It is within Reaper itself, i need to set the "project" in the samplerate i want, just changing the settings in preferences did not change the samplerate.
But setting it in "project" did the work.

Thank you for leading me into the route that got me finding this!

Have a great weekend.