Topic: Digiface USB having issues

I have a digiface usb, a little over 2 years old and it's apparently having problems. One of the adat ins is not able to receive a signal at all....also, it seems if I have more than one cable plugged in at a time, nothing works. Also, it has become extremely sensitive to different adat cables, some work, some just create static, some don't work at all. Very weird stuff. I assume I'll have to send it in for service. Anyone from the US have any experience with out of warranty repairs in the US?

2 (edited by ramses 2022-12-11 09:27:05)

Re: Digiface USB having issues

Did you perform a loopback test on each of the optical ports ADAT 1-4 OUT->IN to validate optical sender/receiver and the TOSLINK cable?
You should see "sync" status in the driver settings.

How long are your Toslink cables?

Do the optical ports still have the proper settings, either ADAT (8ch) or SPDIF (2ch) protocol?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I got the set up working again. The problem may be with the Lynx Aurora, and or it's adat card......Not sure now. The adat in (that appeared not to be working as stated above) on the RME card is now working....A question, can an adat cable induce static, distortion even if the red light is visible....and it appears there is a proper connection?

4 (edited by ramses 2022-12-12 11:41:13)

Lossless digital transfer of audio data over optical cable, which even gives you galvanic isolation.
IF the digital connection is stable there should be no issues.

Please detail your setup. Cabling and clock setup / distribution. Which device is clock master?

Again the question about the length of TOSLINK cables.

BTW, what did you change, so that it works now?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13