Topic: "Microphone cables" to connect Fireface UFX II to studio monitors?

Are XLR microphone cables suitable for connecting the RME Fireface UFX II AD converter to a pair of Yamaha HS-8 studio monitors? I bought two Roland Black series (RMC-B15) microphone cables (https://www.roland.com/global/products/rmc-b3/) to connect the UFX II to the HS-8's. The package for the cables says "Microphone Cables" -- "low impedance", "low capacitance". I know they're XLR cables, so physically they would connect my UFX II and the HS-8s, but is a "microphone cable" suitable for this job? I don't know if a microphone XLR cable would differ in any way from a speaker XLR cable -- whether the impedance, capacitance or anything else matters...

Re: "Microphone cables" to connect Fireface UFX II to studio monitors?

Use the same cable on the left and for the right side speaker and you are good to go.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Sure, these are just regular XLR>XLR cables.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

4 (edited by ramses 2022-12-15 23:21:55)

Connection to active monitors is with line levels .. Not something like power amp to passive speakers.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

waedi wrote:

Use the same cable on the left and for the right side speaker and you are good to go.

Do you just mean use the same cables for both sides?

It just means use the same type of cable. So same make and length

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.