Topic: Cannot open RME Settings program on Win10

Hello,

I'm using an RME Babyface Pro on a Lenovo Thinkpad running Win10. I went to adjust the buffer size in the RME settings program, but the program cannot open.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled to the latest driver.

Issue still occurs with a different USB cable.

I can confirm I am *not* in CC mode.

I can still open Totalmix.

I can also open the settings on a completely separate laptop that's running the latest drivers and is also running Win10.

Where do I go from here?

Thank you

2 (edited by ramses 2022-12-23 11:14:18)

Re: Cannot open RME Settings program on Win10

Hi, welcome to the RME user forum.

A list of other reasons why a Babyface Pro is not recognized is documented in Chapter 7.1 of the manual.
https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/bface_pro_fs_d.pdf
https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/bface_pro_fs_e.pdf

You told you checked already that the device is not in CC mode, ok. What about the other points:
- The USB port is not active in the system (check the Device Manager)
- The USB cable is not, or not correctly inserted into the socket
- The Babyface Pro does not receive any or not enough power. Remove current-consuming hard drives from nearby ports. Avoid USB extension cables and USB hubs. Use an external power supply, any standard one delivering 9 - 14 V DC with at least 1 A will work. The connector needs to have – outside, + inside.

Have you already tried all USB ports directly on the device? Direct connection without a HUB or docking station in between?

Do you have an appropriate power adapter to ensure the device gets enough power? The original RME adapter is not expensive, you should always have it with you to be on the safe side.

Which RME driver are you using exactly? Just to be certain, that you installed the correct driver.

Basically, it is always useful to write which PC or laptop it is specifically and which Windows 10 version is installed. Windows 10 22H2 Home or Professional? This information can also be stored directly in the forum signature.

Is this still the factory install of Windows? In my experience, a custom installation is preferable to a factory install.

Can the BBF Pro even be seen in the device manager? Please screenshot if possible. Save the screenshot to a cloud platform like Dropbox and post the link to the file.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13