1 (edited by coldarmy1993 2022-12-23 23:30:09)

Topic: Audio Stutter When Pausing Playback in DAW or Music Players

Hello,

Since updating both the driver (version: 2022-12-20) and firmware (version: 2022-12-15) of my UFX+ on Windows 10 Pro - I've been getting this stutter effect each time I pause a song in my DAW or in any other Windows based music player / as well as Youtube or any other audio source.

I just rolled back both the driver and the firmware to older versions (dating from 2021 because I did not save the previous drivers) and the stutter disappeared completely.

Please fix this RME, I am not sure if it's just me with this issue, but thank you. Could I also please ask for the previous driver version and the firmware (I think it was revision 68 or 69).

It'll also be nice to have a page with all the previous drivers or a way to rollback manually your device to an older version to avoid issues like this one.

Thank you

Re: Audio Stutter When Pausing Playback in DAW or Music Players

The previous Windows USB MADI driver version 0.9801 dated 2022-12-02 for or around that time:

https://rme-audio.de/downloads/driver_m … _09801.zip

Unlike the drivers the filename of the firmware file does not include a version number so older versions not directly accessible for download.

3 (edited by unodos 2022-12-24 07:27:30)

coldarmy1993 wrote:

Hello,

Since updating both the driver (version: 2022-12-20) and firmware (version: 2022-12-15) of my UFX+ on Windows 10 Pro - I've been getting this stutter effect each time I pause a song in my DAW or in any other Windows based music player / as well as Youtube or any other audio source.

I just rolled back both the driver and the firmware to older versions (dating from 2021 because I did not save the previous drivers) and the stutter disappeared completely.

Please fix this RME, I am not sure if it's just me with this issue, but thank you. Could I also please ask for the previous driver version and the firmware (I think it was revision 68 or 69).

It'll also be nice to have a page with all the previous drivers or a way to rollback manually your device to an older version to avoid issues like this one.

Thank you

I'm seeing similar results with UFX+ on v0.9804 - YouTube audio stutters occasionally when stopping, but ASIO is not affected, strangely. I think it has something to do with the following:

V 0.9804 (12/20/2022)

- Start/Stop behaviour improved

I removed 0.9804 and put 0.9801 back up. We will try to fix this after the holidays. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you very much everyone for your help! Enjoy your holidays and merry Christmas