Topic: UFX+ converter chaining

Hi and happy new year smile
Hopefully this is the right place to post this.

I'm planning to do some upgrades to my studio which is centered around my UFX+ and a pair of Genelecs connected through AES.

I will at some point get a summing unit so I'm
looking to add some extra conversion. I already run a Ferrofish 16 with MADI so I figured something like the new RME 1610 would work to daisy chain with the Ferrofish using MADI correct?

There's also a slight chance that I might be able to get a separate AD unit which connects through ADAT.

If so, with the setup listed above, would that be possible to do, using the AES for my monitors and the ADAT for the AD converter. Or is this a problematic combination of types of connections? Really new at having to think about these specifics so any help is appreciated!

Thank you:)

Re: UFX+ converter chaining

viktorl wrote:

I already run a Ferrofish 16 with MADI so I figured something like the new RME 1610 would work to daisy chain with the Ferrofish using MADI correct?

Yes, correct.

viktorl wrote:

There's also a slight chance that I might be able to get a separate AD unit which connects through ADAT.

If so, with the setup listed above, would that be possible to do, using the AES for my monitors and the ADAT for the AD converter. Or is this a problematic combination of types of connections?

No problem, this will work very well.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Re: UFX+ converter chaining

Wonderful! Thank you smile