1 (edited by svensellin 2023-01-04 02:22:06)

Topic: This is doing my head in!!!!

Hey Guys.

Not sure what has happened, but all of a sudden, I am hearing the guitar DI coming through when I am using am amp sim.

I recently finally installed a fresh new version of Win 10 (from 7) and updated Reaper and RME Fireface drivers and firmware.

I am a bit dumb when it comes to TotalMix, but I think I have my head around it to work the basics. My setup is only a simple home studio.

I have my guitar going in to a countryman DI then going in to Input 11.

Phones are set to 9/10. When I click Phones on bottom row of totalMix I have the fader on mic input 11 turned all the way down and the only software output fader that is up is AN 1/2 and I can still hear the guitar DI when using an amp sim on a reaper track.

I never had this problem in Win 7. Only experiencing this after the upgrade.

I know it must be something small in TotalMix FX I am missing, but I have been trying to sort this out for hours now and have not got anywhere with it.

Any help/advice/solutions will be appreciated.

Cheers

*EDIT* Just tried recording a section with the amp sim and the DI is being recorded as well. I thought this would only be a monitoring thing, but the DI is being recorded with the amp sim. So I can hear both. So is this more of a Reaper or Windows audio control panel issue?

2 (edited by waedi 2023-01-04 03:16:58)

Re: This is doing my head in!!!!

A Reaper only issue, and user !
What amp sim is this ? Has it a wet dry mix knob ?
How can you hear the DI signal out of the amp sound ?
You have only one track in this Reaper project with one plugin inserted, the amp, right ?
And the record setting is set to Out, yes ?
Is it possible you have a second track with the ampsim inserted and the guitar is recorded on the first track and you have a send routing to this amp-sim track ?
If so, then you have to uncheck the "send to master" in the routing of the guitar track.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Re: This is doing my head in!!!!

waedi wrote:

A Reaper only issue, and user !
What amp sim is this ? Has it a wet dry mix knob ?
How can you hear the DI signal out of the amp sound ?
You have only one track in this Reaper project with one plugin inserted, the amp, right ?
And the record setting is set to Out, yes ?

Agghhhh!!! Guitar Rig was the culprit.
There is a hidden preset and it was set to 50/50. Had to research it as it is not easily visible.
All the other amp sims I use do not have a mix knob.

Thanks for easing my headache mate.