1 (edited by mr-es335 2023-01-12 17:35:02)

Topic: Where are the HDSP9632 settings stored?

Good days,

How does one re-set the HDSP [HDSP9632] settings back to factory defaults?

Unless, these have settings been manually write down or screen-captured previously.

Apparently, even on a complete removal and re-install, the previous settings are retained!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dell Krauchi
Sentinel Music Studios

Re: Where are the HDSP9632 settings stored?

Hi, whats your OS?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Ramses,

My apologies, I really should have noted that...Windows 7 Pro...Thanks.

Dell Krauchi
Sentinel Music Studios

4 (edited by ramses 2023-01-12 21:54:29)

Hi Dell, no big deal. BTW … ES-335 is a nice guitar, isn't it?

The procedure for Windows:

1. Quit the application TotalMix FX, so that the relevant files are not being locked by the application.

2. Make a backup of this folder in your user's profile. Create a ZIP archive or simply rename the entire folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\TotalMixFX -> C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\TotalMixFX-20230112_01

3. Restart TotalMix FX (or reboot computer)

C:\Windows\System32\TotalMixFX.exe

Removal and reinstallation of the ASIO driver is not required and doesn't bring anything as you already experienced.

Rationale behind it (am in guessing mode, but I think exactly these are the reasons):
a) an uninstaller is not needed, if there is no interface found, the driver is not being loaded (fair enough).
b) the installer of the latest driver version installs and overwrites/updates the files
c) the installer doesn't overwrite your latest settings in the profile directory intentionally so that you still have the last settings for safety reasons. If you want to remove them, then it is easy to get rid of them as described above.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses,
I know that it has been a bit, but I am still not able to discover precisely where the Hammerfall DSP Settings are stored.

I am referring to those settings as found here:www.sentinelmusicstudios.com/ftp/rme/HDSP.png

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dell Krauchi
Sentinel Music Studios

These settings are stored in the registry, and there is no need for factory defaults at all, as any of the settings needs to be set to exactly what you need.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC,
Thanks for the reply...appreciated!

During my "testing phases" - the goal is "...being able to install an OS multiple times without any "hic-cups"! I mean, None!"...with the objective of being able to later install the software "portablle-ly" - if-at-all possible.

I have three processes that I employ|deploy during the installation phrase, 1) Development, 2) Deployment, and 3) Integrated.

The Development process is where I discover how the software gets installed.
The Deployment process is where employ the data gleaned from Development
The Integrated process is where I "combine" the two previous processes

With TotalMixFX, the resultant configuration can be stored via the File>Save Snapshot As... or the File>Save Workspace As... menu options - with the latter being particularly helpful.
* This latter option would then become a constituent element of the Integrated process

However, no such options appear to be made available for the Hammerfall DSP configuration.
* One of the Registry elements appears to be "locked"
* See: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\DeviceClasses\{2eef81be-33fa-4800-9670-1cd474972c3f} - protected "Properties" entry

Is there any way possible to retrieve this data?

Thanks for the assistance.

Dell Krauchi
Sentinel Music Studios

I'm on the road right now, but you could search the registry for typical/unusual names of settings in the Settings dialog. Then  you should find the correct entry listing all options. More later.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME