Topic: Fireface 802 distort on certain channels

Hi,

A month ago I bought a FF 802 soundcard. I have been happy with it until I plugged in my axe fx into line in 1-2. The sound was low but when I changed to +4db input the sound was louder and when I plugged into the preamps on the front the sound was more present. So I keeps it plugged into the preamp. A few weeks ago I hooked upp a lot of outboard gear to outputs and inputs and I noticed some “after burning” distortion on the input of channel 1-2. I thought that some compressor or outboard hade started to distort but after unplugging everything and trying out raising the output and input levels on channel 1-2 and comparing it to input channel 3-4, the input channel 1-2 distorts and creates low end feed back on levels past -20 on the totalmix meter. On channel 3-4 I can raise the volume in (via output gear or via the input level fader) to max and there is no feedback or distortion. So, is the there a quick fix on this matter or does it need to be repaired? I called the store and they said they need to send it to germany to have it repaired. I just bought it and have started a project thats I was looking to finish during the vinter sad

Re: Fireface 802 distort on certain channels

That's unfortunate, but really looks like the Inst input stage is damaged. In that case a warranty repair is necessary. But as warranty (for you) doesn't end this winter you could keep on using the unit with the other channels until you have a free time slot to send it in.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME