Topic: UFX and Octamic II sync

Hello all,
I have a UFX with a Presonus FS hooked up via adat. I have this unit clocked with BNC.
I am looking to add a Octamic to this set up.
How would I clock the Octamic?
Can I clock Presonus from Adat and the Octamic from BNC?
I guess I’m asking can the UFX be the master clock for both these units since the Octamic does not have adat in.
Adat clock for Presonus and BNC for Octamic?

Thanks in advance
Rand

2 (edited by ramses 2023-01-13 22:38:54)

Re: UFX and Octamic II sync

>Adat clock for Presonus and BNC for Octamic?
Sure, it's possible.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Of course..thanks

4 (edited by randrohe 2023-01-14 03:33:46)

To simplify my question, how does the Octamic receive adat clock synch from the UFX?
Octamic adat main connected to UFX adat in? This supplies synch to Octamic while Octamic sends 8 channels down the same pipe?
Not getting my head around this as I don’t actually have the unit yet, just trying to be prepared.

I don't understand that question because you asked correctly and got the correct answer. BNC is required for the OctaMic. Presouns no one really knows as you did not give the model number. But as you are using BNC already simply use a T-adapter and give word clock to both units. This is described in the UFX manual.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

randrohe wrote:

To simplify my question, how does the Octamic receive adat clock synch from the UFX?
Octamic adat main connected to UFX adat in? This supplies synch to Octamic while Octamic sends 8 channels down the same pipe?
Not getting my head around this as I don’t actually have the unit yet, just trying to be prepared.

No, clock signals always only are be sent the same direction as the audio stream. So therefore it’s not possible to sync the Octamic as slave to the UFX as master over ADAT.
The Presonus product you have probably is the Digimax FS, right? This one has ADAT input as well as WC, so you can either do what ramses already has confirmed (Octamic word clock bnc, Presonus optical ADAT) or do what MC has suggested, using a T-splitter and sending the clock to both the preamps over the word clock bnc cable.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

Sorry for the redundancy of my questions.
It’s clear now.
Thanks for your patience and knowledge.