Topic: Digiface USB mix multiple sources

A question on my mind. Do I cause any signal loss if I would use Digiface USB for mixing various optical sources but where Digiface USB clock source is either it's internal clock or just one of the sources?

I made sure that all devices have their internal clocks set to 44100 Hz. (sources cd player, network player, AD converter)

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

Re: Digiface USB mix multiple sources

Everything connected needs to be using a common clock source. The Digiface USB does not have any sample rate converter inside to handle free running digital inputs.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Agreed but how do you do that with items that have no clock inputs? Or is that simply a nogo ?

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

It might be an idea for a future software/driver update to be able to select the Fireface USB Settings clock source via TM snapshots. smile

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

It’s ok if you have one with no clock input as that can be master but if you have a few that only gave optical in then you can’t. Do they have bnc word clock? If they do you could use a converter to feed the others as master and then slave the others from that. Lots of ifs and buts. Better to have converters with both in and out.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

6 (edited by fieldstu 2023-01-19 23:10:30)

I've 3x device with only clock output an none clock input. Currently I routed via 4:1 optical box but I soon got tired of the button presses on the tiny remote thus wondered again could I (mis)use DF USB for this.

So now I've connected all to DF USB and can listen to all. Just to remember I have to manually self-select a clock source in the Fireface USB Settings app.

ADI2, Digiface, ARC