1 (edited by fieldstu 2023-01-29 01:42:21)

Topic: ADI-2 Pro FS R + ADDA mode, how to select SPDIF source with remote

My ADI2 Pro is in ADDA mode. It's clocked to incoming SPDIF opt but I now also have a case where I need to switch to incoming SPDIF coax.

I looked in the manual and the IO routing seems to allow this.
I also tried looking in the ADI2 settings, remap keys menu, where it seems the remote control is already correctly assigned with SPDIF input = optical mapped to remote key [OPT] and SPDIF input = coax already mapped to remote key [COAX].

Somehow though the ADI2 gives me a message that when I do button presses on OPT or COAX on the remote control that this is only available in DAC mode.

Any suggestion to make this switch possible via the remote control in ADDA mode? > Edit. I think this could be managed by creating another Setup program that I could select with the OPT or COAX button on the remote?

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

Re: ADI-2 Pro FS R + ADDA mode, how to select SPDIF source with remote

If you change the digital input source then you also have to change the (all) clock settings. Therefore a simple one button change is only allowed in DAC mode where exactly this happens automatically.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by KaiS 2023-01-29 09:09:04)

fieldstu wrote:

My ADI2 Pro is in ADDA mode. It's clocked to incoming SPDIF opt but I now also have a case where I need to switch to incoming SPDIF coax.

... > Edit. I think this could be managed by creating another Setup program that I could select with the OPT or COAX button on the remote?

As usual, using two Setups is the universal solution.

Loading certain “Setups” can be assigned to a button push.
Read manual page 26 (DAC) or 28 (Pro).

Watch out:
The  “Remap key” configuration is part of each individual “Setup” and needs to be set for each individual “Setup”.
This can be used to toggle through 2 or more Setups with one single button.

Works like this:
As the button assignment isn’t global, but part of each “Setup”, you can even have different assignments to the same button in each Setup - a nice feature that we can use for the following:

Choose ONE single button that you usually don’t need.

In Setup 1 assign: “load Setup 2”
In Setup 2 assign: “load Setup 1”
Now this single button toggles between both Setups.

This method can be extended to load even more Setups if needed, like:
In Setup 1 assign: “load Setup 2”
In Setup 2 assign: “load Setup 3”
In Setup 3 assign: “load Setup 4”
In Setup 4 assign: “load Setup 1”
Now the single button circles through Setup 1-4, clever, isn’t it?!

As for loading Setups ADI-2 asks for confirmation, a double-push is needed to execute the load.
Holding the button more than 1s, the button‘s original function is available.
Therefore I typically assign the SETUP button to load Setups – sic!

Thank you both for explaining and the solution! I appreciate

ADI2, Digiface, ARC