Topic: Feature request: Remote Control Keys within snapshot.

It would be great to have possibility to store Remote Control Keys configuration within snapshot. Both at live concert and mixing I use different keys of my Babyface to different tasks, and I store rest of TM configuration in different snapshots. Sometimes I need Talkback on „Dim” button and sometimes eg. I need activate reverb. It would be very handy to change Remote Control Keys by changing snapshot.

Additional feature request: snapshot notes. It would be good, to have possibility to describe snapshot configuration by making personal notes, because after some time it hard to remember, what was the idea behind given configuration.

Re: Feature request: Remote Control Keys within snapshot.

Del_Gesu wrote:

It would be great to have possibility to store Remote Control Keys configuration within snapshot. Both at live concert and mixing I use different keys of my Babyface to different tasks, and I store rest of TM configuration in different snapshots. Sometimes I need Talkback on „Dim” button and sometimes eg. I need activate reverb. It would be very handy to change Remote Control Keys by changing snapshot.

Additional feature request: snapshot notes. It would be good, to have possibility to describe snapshot configuration by making personal notes, because after some time it hard to remember, what was the idea behind given configuration.

I use workspaces, then the file name is my description, and everything is saved:)

Babyface Pro FS, MSI GS66, Studio One

Thank you, ebmmbongo, for the idea. It could be some kind of workaround. But I think sometimes Remote Control Keys could be so connected with workflow, that it would be nice to have the possibility to change the Key Commands quickly as snapshots.

Imagine, that you have a live concert and a couple of scenes without a break. Each scene, each snapshot. On the first scene you would like to have on your Babyface keys (DIM should be always DIM Main out) echo and reverb, on second scene different solo and mute groups etc. How convenient it would be if you could save key commands in a snapshot, instead of changing workspaces. This is only one example. I see many benefits of this feature.

Of course it would be good to have the possibility to turn off this function. Something like a button: „clear Key Commands stored in all snapshots”. And after that every snapshot will have one Remote Control Key configuration. Until you change it and save a snapshot again.

As for the notes, I meant a slightly longer description than the filename would comfortably fit.

Why is changing workspaces not convenient? You know the hotkey W?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Indeed, I didn’t know hotkey W. Thank you for this information. This is much more convenient to operate from the level of workspaces.
Still changing the Remote Key Commands from the level of snapshots seems to me more handy in many cases. Especially in live use. For example:

– you can change snapshots by Remote Control Keys. And then operate directly on Babyface (or ARC) like on a hardware controller, without using a mouse. E.g. clicking on „A Set” button changes snapshot and makes the same button for example: „reverb on/off” 
– TM graphic interface reacts faster with changing snapshots than workspaces and also when changing workspaces, the TM window could appear in different places on a screen. Simply changing snapshots seems to me less disturbing during live use and it is more logical than changing workspaces within one concert.

One more thing on snapshots notes. It could appear in the Data Edit Window. Under the snapshot name.

MC wrote:

Why is changing workspaces not convenient? You know the hotkey W?

Or using ALT-1, ALT-2 ... ALT-9 (or even ALT-0) to change between the first 9 (or 10) Workspace Quick select slots.

Works like charm.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Wow, Ive never used and didn’t realize the W hotkey was available for recalling workspaces. The alt-1, -2 etc as well. Guess I should be re-reading the manual (or paying attention to the shortcuts in the menus). Great tips fellas. Saved from mouse click hell.

Cheers…

MacBook Pro Max M1 Ventura 13.4.1
32GB Ram, 2TB HD
UCX II via OWC Thunderbolt dock.
DAW - Logic