Topic: RME ADI-2 DAC FS Screen Issues

I recently purchased and received the ADI-2 DAC FS from RME and have noticed that I will frequently get screen-related issues. The only way to clear the issue is to unplug the DAC and let it sit for a while. Even then, the screen issue returns thereafter. Please see the picture of the screen-related issue below:

https://imgur.com/6xVJZX0

Any advice on what to do in order to resolve this issue?

Re: RME ADI-2 DAC FS Screen Issues

You can try a full factory reset.

While powering up, hold Encoder 1, Encoder 2 and the VOL Button (NOT the Volume dial) until you see “ Reset done”.
This erases all user Presets and Setups, so if you have such...

If this doesn‘t help, let it replace.

Reset?
Don't waste your time, the unit has a hardware problem!

4 (edited by KaiS 2023-02-11 14:57:34)

weme wrote:

Reset?
Don't waste your time, the unit has a hardware problem!

If the reset permanently fixes the problem you save time smile

5 (edited by VitaX 2023-02-11 23:15:26)

Yeah I just tried the factory reset. No luck. In fact, the screen just stayed grey. I've had this happen before as well. Only way to ensure the screen goes back to normal for a short amount of time is to unplug the power and USB cables and let it sit for an hour or so. Quite odd, indeed.

6 (edited by KaiS 2023-02-12 01:01:18)

VitaX wrote:

Yeah I just tried the factory reset. No luck. In fact, the screen just stayed grey. I've had this happen before as well. Only way to ensure the screen goes back to normal for a short amount of time is to unplug the power and USB cables and let it sit for an hour or so. Quite odd, indeed.

Clearly a hardware defect then.
Should be covered by warranty.