Topic: Fireface 800 - Windows 11 - ThinkPad P52s Compatibility Confirmation

I was recently in the market for a new recording laptop to use with my Fireface 800, which I love quite dearly and don't want to get rid of. I was looking into ThinkPads and spent quite a while researching whether or not they might be compatible with the Fireface, but I never got a clear answer. I took a chance and went for it and it happened to work out, so I figured I would share this info incase it helps anyone else.

I can confirm that the Fireface 800 works on my ThinkPad P52s running Windows 11 22H2. I've connected it using a Firewire 800 cable > Apple Firewire 800 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter > Apple Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 adapter.

The Windows install isn't fresh, so I'm not sure if that affects anything. When I got the laptop it was at Windows 10 20H2 and then I upgraded to Windows 11.

Technical details:

Lenovo ThinkPad P52s with Intel i7-8650u and one Thunderbolt 3 USB-C port

Windows 11 22H2 Build 22621.1265

Fireface 800, not sure of the firmware version

Latest RME Firewire driver, 3.125

If this is well known information, I apologize for the unnecessary post. Also, this is my first post, so if I put this in the wrong place do let me know.

Re: Fireface 800 - Windows 11 - ThinkPad P52s Compatibility Confirmation

Hi Sam_f! Hope you're well! Good to know this. When I bought my second hand Fireface 800 I upgraded to Windows 11 either but the S.O. didn't recognized Fireface. In that time I tryed everything but without any success. In you case, windows 11 recognized Fireface 800 automatically? Which drive did you've installed?