1 (edited by Gregos 2023-02-24 09:23:36)

Topic: ARC USB & Totalmix Disappearing Functions WTF?

Hello smile

So I'm using Fireface UFX with ARC as monitor and DA/AD controller for Mastering purposes.

Buttons have been assigned for master output mute, headphone 1 mute and headphone 2 mute (headphone 2 is for sub bass monitors mute on/off basically). Snapshots are set to room calibrated monitoring levels across all monitoring devices (0db, -6, -12 etc)

Do a latest driver update for the UFX (2023) and ASIO Fireface driver no longer detected in DAW. Whatever, roll back to old 2019 driver and it's working again.

NOW MY HEADPHONE 1 and HEADPHONE 2 mute assignments have disappeared off the ARC controller! WTF?

Go into Total Mix and I can't even re-assign the mutes, they are no longer listed in the assignments menu. WTF x2??

It's all been working flawlessly and now all of a sudden it's all playing up... Any ideas?

2 (edited by Gregos 2023-02-24 09:35:13)

Re: ARC USB & Totalmix Disappearing Functions WTF?

Latest Update: So I've installed the Total Mix 1.80 Beta and it's all working again as before. Old driver, new Total Mix.

Main problem solved.

Now the other problem: Why was the latest 2023 driver update faulty on my system? All the audio played back normally through windows, but the ASIO driver wasn't showing up in Reaper, Ableton and probably Wavelab (I didn't check Wavelab but it seems logical that it wouldn't work there either).

Any ideas?

The latest 2023 driver 1.227 is not faulty. It includes changes forced by Microsoft that needs you to reboot and replug the interface for ASIO to work again, when updating from an older to the latest driver.

Just try again.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

The latest 2023 driver 1.227 is not faulty. It includes changes forced by Microsoft that needs you to reboot and replug the interface for ASIO to work again, when updating from an older to the latest driver.

Just try again.

Will do, thanks MC.

BTW, Windows issues aside, is there a special order to do the update to avoid user error?

...I'm thinking switch off Fireface UFX, unplug USB, uninstall current drivers (just to be safe), reboot, install new drivers, plug in Fireface UFX... and probably reboot again, correct?