Topic: BFP and new ipad pro

Hello dear RME peeps.
Despite my absolute trust on RME and my unbreakable fascination with my 4 year old bfp...
I am not so confident in apple, and till this day (im 39 yo) I have never owned an apple product, but I am finally interested on an ipad pro to start producing in a more portable way.
I have seen tons of stories of apple "dropping" class compliant gear even in cases like: ipad x works with interface y, ipad x gets an update and no more is that interface y able to connect to ipad x...

So I am here to confirm that the bfp works with the new ipad pro m2 or even the m1, and if I can be confident that such connection will last.
I hope that I am not interpreted as not trusting RME in any way. I am fully confident RME will go for apple's throat if needed . <3
Just as someone who never had an apple and been all this years just allways witnessing the hype around this brand and at the same time how they can fail so many times and in so many ways...
Its a big investment that can bring great fruits in a perfect scenario...The bfp is my favourite piece of gear since I have it , and can only imagine how my love for it can grow even more if i can get more portability.
Hope the post was not too messy.
Love from Porto, all the best, Troca.

Re: BFP and new ipad pro

I'm curios as to why Apple will drop support for class compliant audio interfaces on iPad unless the audio interface did not implement CC correctly and Apple had a fix in their drivers. Do you have any concrete examples?

3 (edited by Troca 2023-02-24 12:56:24)

Hi!
So your question just automatically confirms the bfp works with the last 2 ipad pro models im assuming. <3
This youtuber shows a sequence of examples he experienced around 3 minutes in :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-UWzxlmL_E

Edit: ok that made me check that vid and its about a certain "MFI certification" , so it seems more like a burocratic thing than a technical thing,
I have experienced what "white listing" does , with my laptop specifically, its an asus and when I wanted to upgrade the hard drive, it didn't matter if i got a hard drive with exactly the required specs, which the market was full of...no...I had to chose from a ultra tiny list of drives that were rare and expensive, somehow the board was coded to only work with those specific ones...I learned after that its called "white listing"

I don't even own an iPad :-)

I watched part of your YouTube clip and was surprised at was was said and shown there, and I don't want to buy a device with such poor hardware support.

Yeah thats what allways kept me away from apple.
But I am really tempted to go portable.
So i digged for MFI:

The Apple MFI Program is a way to ensure that you're buying an accessory that's been tested and approved by Apple. When you see the "Made for iPod," "Made for iPhone," or "Made for iPad" logo on an accessory, it means that the accessory has been certified by Apple as meeting their standards.

Guess the new question is if the BFP has the MFI for said ipads pro (21 and 22) and if apple can or will mess with it, or if there is some sort of expiration date...

Lightning cables will have an MFI label/certification. For anything else - forget it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

So that means i can be confident on such investment and its compatibility with bfp right?
I was looking at appl store and total mix is there and says it works with ios 8 and above so im getting quite confident about it.
ty <3