Topic: [Solved] TotalMix FX Not Showing...

Hey everynoe,

I have this issue as of yesterday on my mac that my Totalmix will open and show the top bar, including the possibility to go through all the different settings but it won't display the mixer window; I can go to File>New TotalMix Window and choose a Mixer or Matrix Window but nothing shows up.

I tried the different solutions - going through "safe boot" and making sure the reduced security is checked, reinstalling the lastest driver including the beta 1.80 that I found here on the forums and searching for the rouge plugin that is recommended to be deleted which I don't have on my system (I don't have a "HAL" folder in my plugin folder), trying to connect my "babyface" USB while pressing the Select and Recall buttons, countless restarts etc.

After all that meddling my "Fireface USB Settings" App is now not working aswell which it DID used to work even while TotalMix was not showing up in the beginning. By the way, audio still comes out and my Ableton and Dorico recognize "Babyface".

I would really appreciate your help fixing this issue - maybe going through deleting the driver all-together and starting from scratch with the install? maybe there are fixes which I am not aware of?

Thank you!

(Running a MacBook Air M1, macOS Ventura 13.2.1)

Re: [Solved] TotalMix FX Not Showing...

If Ableton sees the BF and can use it then the BF is in Class Compliant mode...a better check is in the Audio MIDI Setup, Audio window.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

If Ableton sees the BF and can use it then the BF is in Class Compliant mode...a better check is in the Audio MIDI Setup, Audio window.

Thanks for the reply!

Do you mean in Ableton?
If so it recognizes it as a MIDI device aswell (and inputs MIDI via my keyboard).

If it's in TotalMix's settings I can't find what you referred to.

Hi!

I think Matthias is talking about this settings showing here...
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/3eQjf0a1lhA

regards S-EH

S-E Hansson wrote:

Hi!

I think Matthias is talking about this settings showing here...
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/3eQjf0a1lhA

regards S-EH

Thank you both, this did the trick!