Topic: Where is Fireface USB Settings Sample Rate config. located in Mac OS?

Hello!

I'm on Ventura OS, using Fireface UCX and need to be able to automate the "Sample Rate" under Clock Mode in Fireface USB Settings (Fireface USB Settings -> Clock Mode -> Sample Rate).

It seems the settings for that particular setting is NOT in de.rme-audio.FirefaceUSBSettings.plist like expected, I have check utility to monitor the plist changes in real time, all the other settings in Fireface UCX are there, but not the Sample Rate, when I change the value of the sample rate that does not incur in any plist change, so wondering if something knows where this setting is located.

I just want to change the default installation sample rate I get of "44100 Hz" to "48000 Hz", that is the only thing. There has to be a way to find/know where this setting is located to automate this change.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Re: Where is Fireface USB Settings Sample Rate config. located in Mac OS?

I saw per manual that:

"Clock Mode
Sample Rate
Used to set the current sample rate. This is the same setting as in the Audio MIDI Setup, just
added here for your convenience.
At ongoing record/playback the selection is greyed out, so no change is possible.

So wondering where configuration file for the sample rate of Audio MIDI Setup for the Firewire UCX, because is not at (it seems):

/Library/Preferences/Audio/com.apple.audio.SystemSettings.plist
or
/Library/Preferences/Audio/com.apple.audio.DeviceSettings.plist
or
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.AudioMIDISetup.plist

either.

Maybe someone has light into the matter.

The system does that, I am not aware of any 'file'. And the system usually remembers the sample rate.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello,

But that information has to be stored somewhere in the OS to be able to "remember" the setting. We were successful to automate the sample rate of Fireface USB Settings in Window system with the use of windows registry, has to be a way to do the same but on a mac OS.