Topic: dual pc setup with fireface ucx 2

first of all I am sorry if I will sound so ignorant but I am new to rme products, I am currently on the way of having a second computer dedicated for streaming and I was wondering if there is someway to get my gaming pc audio through the ucx 2 and send my mic audio from the ucx2 to my gaming rig.

I know it might sound complex but I think it's possible to do this with a goxlr but I would like to keep using my RME as much as possible because content creation is my main purpose and if I get I another interface for this situation I would only use the ucx2 for recording some songs here and there but I rarely find the time for it so it would almost be useless most of the time.

my motherboard on my gaming rig is the asus rog maximus z790 extreme and the one from my streaming pc is the rog rampage vi extreme omega. I'm planing to use an avermedia live gamer 4K through display cloning, I think it should already get my gaming pc audio but I figured that having it go through the ucx2 can give more flexibility.

There is this one guy on youtube showing how he managed to do it through a digiface USB and a babyface pro but he doesn't really get into technical stuff so I still don't know how he did it.
here's the video : https://youtu.be/N3vntwl3Utk?t=171

can anyone help please ?

2 (edited by waedi 2023-03-10 22:37:08)

Re: dual pc setup with fireface ucx 2

One of the computers is with the UCX connected and Totalmix working.
Then the other pc has to use its own onboard audio (otherwise you have to use another external audio-interface)
This pc has an audio input connector on the motherboard ? Use this to connect an appropriate cable to the UCX pair of output sockets. Use Totalmix to send audio from UCX to the other pc. Because this is an analog audio connection it is possible to have some humm noise in there.
The benefit of the DigifaceUSB interface is the use of ADAT optical connection, this is digital only, not possible to get noise.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by wesh92 2023-03-13 15:41:43)

Re: dual pc setup with fireface ucx 2

just tried it and it's working well, thank you !
One last thing I would like to do then I'll be set. It's about my mic, I would like to send it's audio to my gaming rig when there are games including voice chat and such. My mic is plugged through an outboard preamp that goes through my RME, is there a way to send that same signal OUT ?