Topic: New to RME with 802 and M1 Mac Studio

Hello all!

I am making the jump from Presonus 24R to RME 802, which I am super excited about.

To increase channel count for budget reasons I begrudgingly purchased two Behringer ASA8200s. If those are no good, off they go back to Sweetwater and I'll decide what's next.

I've read all I can here to prepare for my 802's arrival. I made the jump for RME's famed rock solid drivers, which has been an issue with the Presonus for the last few years.

My question is any guidance on which driver I should start with? v3 or v4? What are the reasons to favor v3 over v4 now?

I use Studio One v6 in full ARM mode. I will only be using the 802/TotalMix in DAW mode as that's my existing workflow. Everything coming in from 802 to SO, and everything leaving SO back out to outputs on 802. I either record full bands here, or song writing with only a few inputs needed.

I don't have any concerns with reducing security on my Mac to accomodate, or running beta versions, whatever is best for the RME. As long as I can get the famed stability and performance out of the RME, I will happily do what needs to be done.

My Studio One has been rock solid, as well as my M1 Mac Studio. The M1 transition has been a blessing and a bit of a curse, as these transitions always are, but the potential is clear and since Dec 2022, for me at least, I am able to work without too many real concerns (except power cycling the 24R daily, which is why I'm here).

Anyway I've read all I can here, along with all the heated comments and thoughts. I am undeterred haha! Anyone with practical advice I'd love to hear from, especially if your workflow and gear sounds like mine.

Thanks!
Babul

Apple Mac Studio M1 Max, Sonoma, RME UFX III, 12Mic, Pulse 16 MX, Softube Console 1, Studio One 6