Topic: What's the reason for not supporting older cards anymore in DC5?

Hi,
I would like to know why older cards are no longer supported by Digicheck.
That's really a pity. I cannot see any technical limitations of these cards.

Thanks for your answer,
Ulrich

Re: What's the reason for not supporting older cards anymore in DC5?

There are certainly technical limitations of the pre-HDSP cards. And of course DC 4.x will continue to work with these cards.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

They have lots of technical limitations, and that's why we discontinued them. With DC's step to Vista compatibility and mainly being based for supporting the newer 3.x driver (no old cards in there too, see before) we think that version 4.5x was already more than any user of those cards could have hoped for.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by zolo 2008-09-01 21:30:43)

Well, I've just installed DigiCheck 4.21 for my Digi96/8 PST after removing and uninstalling the HDSP and Digicheck 5 beta...  and Digicheck 4.21 doesn't see the ASIO for the Digi96.  It reports INVALID DEVICE SELECTED upon opening and only shows MME as an option for Input.

I've totally removed every registry reference to HDSP... but something is blocking the older driver from being recognized.

Is it possible to post the proper registry key string for a Digi96/8 with an older Digicheck that I can paste into my registry in an attempt to fix whatever is broken?

This planned obsolescence is a drag.  My machine now acts as if it will only recognize WDM/KS streaming drivers...

Thanks in advance for anything you can suggest.

The Digi96/8 PST is in an old dual PIII system with XP SP3 that I use for editing.
It worked great before I installed the HDSP...  it should be able to work again.
It's perfectly useful and senseless to throw it away. 

It may have limitations to you, but it is capable of things that my HDSP9652 can't do.

[url=http://www.heirapparent.com/totalmix.htm][color=blue]?Custom Totalmix Skins?[/color][/url]

zolo wrote:

Well, I've just installed DigiCheck 4.21 for my Digi96/8 PST after removing and uninstalling the HDSP and Digicheck 5 beta...  and Digicheck 4.21 doesn't see the ASIO for the Digi96.

This is normal and it's never been different. DC will only see the PST's MME inputs, not ASIO in or out. This is a technical limitation of this card, not planned obselescence.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME