Topic: RME support is rejecting me

After updating the UCX firmware on Sunday last, all lights lit up and blinked and the UCX was not recognised by the PC.
I looked at the forum and found that the firmware itself was faulty and it was stated that support would take care of it, so I contacted support.

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=37108

However, I was first refused by Japanese support. They said that support is not available for items purchased outside of Japan.
I bought it when I was in the UK and am now working in Japan.

So I contacted the UK support where I bought it.
Once they contacted me, but then I told them where I lived and after that they suddenly stopped contacting me.

My UCX is about to be trashed due to a firmware glitch caused by RME itself.
In any case, it is going to take a very long time to solve the problem and I will have to get a replacement audio interface.
But I hesitate to choose the same RME product again.

I bought RME products because of the word of mouth and trust that RME has stable functionality and reliable support for my business,
I am very concerned about what will happen to that trust.

I will report on what will happen to my UCX.

Re: RME support is rejecting me

That headline is wrong.

And you were too quick. Unusual situations like this need a lot of communication, which is especially slow over different time zones all over the world.

When you contacted Synthax Japan they had not even heard from that issue. And we had not yet informed them that this was our fault and all units should be reflashed.

They will contact you about this.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you for your reply. It is true that it may not be a complete rejection, as no time has passed since the incident occurred.
However, the Japanese support company has publicly stated that they do not support products purchased overseas, and I was told this in the email I sent to the company when I requested support, which left me in despair. I replied, "This is an international product, but can't you provide international cooperation? I have replied to them, but they remain unresponsive.
I hope to hear from Japanese support. I will also share with you all about the subsequent progress.

Please do so. And no, not every company can act like Apple or other giants. In fact most can't.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry for multiple posts on the same subject. No need to comment on this content.I contacted Synthax Japan again and was informed that they would accept a take-back repair for this case, again reassuring me that RME has a reliable support system. Thank you for your quick response.