Topic: Loopback as a Group Mixer

When you assign several channels to an available output for loopback, the mix shows up at the corresponding input so that a DAW can see it. I can't see a way to hear that mix directly in TotalMix though. Is there a preference that I'm missing or something? I was hoping to set up ADATs 9-16 as group faders. Alternatively, is there a way to assign ouputs ADAT 9-16 to the mains and set them up as group faders that way?

2 (edited by waedi 2023-03-31 13:35:42)

Re: Loopback as a Group Mixer

The output channels have a CUE button for listening that submix.

You can setup a fader group with the adat channels 9 to 16 plus the main out, this let you move all those faders at once (from a remote control) but it will not mix the sound from those outputs together into the main out if that is your wish.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Is there a way to send the "looped back" audio to the mains instead of a DAW though?

With a cable loop. Use ADAT/SPDIF to avoid quality loss.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

So with this method, you're suggesting not using the loopback feature but instead hard connecting the ADAT 9-16 out to the ADAT 9-16 in on my UFX? I thought that loopback was a virtual version of just that. Is that not the case?

There is a danger of feedback. Therefor the Loopback is more a forwarding to an input channel for a DAW, not Loopback into Totalmix itself.
Also with cable loopback you have to take care and avoid feedback routings.
Play around with the CUE button can help you.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue