Topic: After installing the madiface driver (090723), intermittent disconnect

I am using ADI-2 DAC FS. After installing the madiface driver (090723), intermittent disconnection has occurred continuously when playing music. It usually happens when you open a new tab in Chrome, and sometimes sound disconnects when you scroll the mouse, move the pointer quickly, or click other links. The PC specifications currently in use are as follows.

CPU : AMD Ryzen7 5700G
M/B : ASUS TUF B550M-PLUS
RAM : 64GB (DDR4 3600Mhz 16GB X 4)

We have disabled all other sound devices except ADI-2 DAC, such as AMD High Definition Audio, so there is no interference. (The Realtek board's built-in sound device is disabled on the BIOS, so the driver is not even installed.) It's also disconnected when you use different ports or other cables on my PC. The USB power saving section of my PC's power settings is also disabled, but the problem persists.

If it still works smoothly, it is when you connect and use without a driver before installing the madiface driver. However, there is a problem that ASIO cannot be used in this state. To use ASIO output, installing the madiface driver is essential, so I am looking for other solutions than use without installing the driver. Do you have any advice on this matter?

Re: After installing the madiface driver (090723), intermittent disconnect

Hello!

Did you try increasing the buffer, in the RME Settings?
Also, did you check for any CRC errors?
Just keep the RME Settings Window open for a few minutes, and check if any errors are reported when the sound disconnects!

Also, have a look at pages 40-43, in the manual: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2dac_e.pdf

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

Re: After installing the madiface driver (090723), intermittent disconnect

Today published new driver, may be worth to try out ?

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 61#p200261

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue