Topic: Fireface Settings Icon Disappearing Windows 11

Hi, you know the Fireface USB settings icon in the Windows 11 taskbar overflow area? It disappears occasionally for no known reason. After this happens, the only way I can access it is through, for example, reaper's audio settings button that normally launches it. Windows 11 taskbar is way messed up if you ask me, laggy especially, but the 'fire icon' is the only one that disappears. Maybe we can solve this together (sigh).  Thanks.

2 (edited by mkok 2023-04-05 08:00:48)

Re: Fireface Settings Icon Disappearing Windows 11

I haven’t noticed this. It’s always been there when I have needed it but I don’t use it a lot

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

Could just be me. I'll mention that I'm using a high-contrast theme. It might not be relevant but the laggy taskbar and disappearing fireface usb icon could be related. Also, I lock my desktop several times a day. I'm just trying to think why I would experience this more than others. Last thing I can think of is that I almost never turn my computer off.

Yeah, right now the icon isn't there. If I wanted to change settings, I'd have to do it from within a daw or restart the machine. Clean installs are a pita so I'm not keen on doing one right now.

Did you check the icon is not found behind the chevron?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi, Mr. Carstens. Thanks for your reply. Yes, I looked in there since that's where it usually is. Today I also went into Taskbar Settings (RMB context menu from taskbar), Other System Try Icons, Hidden Menu Icon (set to On), and set Fireface settings to On. It didn't say that requires a restart but the last setting was Off so I'll let you know.  Anyway, here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing:

https://imgur.com/a/tYtaSvl

My stats are Babyface Pro FS, Driver Date 20.12.22, v1.224, HW 201, W11 22H2 Build 22621.1413, Custom Contrast Theme

I run W11 22H2 as well (although it looks quite different...). The RME icons are set to be shown in the notification area and did not disappear so far.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you for looking into it. Maybe my installation of Windows is messed up. On the off chance someone else reports this, please remember this mention.

Thanks,
Michael

Small update. The setting I toggled in Taskbar Settings relocated the icon to outside the overflow area. I just updated windows to whatever they just pushed out,  OS build 22621.1485. Here's an image of it just in case it's relevant:

https://imgur.com/a/6SJzFPr

If it disappears again, I'll post if that's alright.

Thanks.