Topic: RME MADIFACE UsB AND SSL MX 4X16 ISSUE

Hi all,

Mac M1 pro Ventura

I cannot get the madiface to work / clock with my SSL Mx 4x16 and 16x4 i tried all the cables
with my madiextreme pcie card on my old (2010 ) mac pro and converters works perfect.

When i installed rme drivers on the old mac pro and I'm getting the same issue ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: RME MADIFACE UsB AND SSL MX 4X16 ISSUE

You opened the MF USB Settings dialog and see what Status there and selected which clock settings? The MF USB is on which firmware revision?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi MC,

Thanks for your reply .
Yes I opened the RME settings and tried  many configurations .
Below is the info !
Thanks again.
C

The MF is on firmware : v25

Driver : v3.28 A

Input Status ;

MADI Optical Sync 44.1 48k frame 56 channels

MADI Coaxial No Lock

Word No Lock

AES No lock

> I cannot get the madiface to work / clock with my SSL Mx 4x16 and 16x4

> MADI Optical Sync 44.1 48k frame 56 channels

That's a contradiction - it seems the MF USB gets and clocks to the SSL signal just fine. Did you set the MF USB MADI output to 56 channel mode? Maybe the SSL needs that to function correctly.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi ,

Thanks again for your reply yes i set the MF out put to 56 channels . Tried again to get the MF working with the converters  yesterday for an hour or so still no audio ? Channels 9-10 were sending a horrible noise but were not selected and there was no playback. Its getting so frustrating!

Any more help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

You should contact RME support directly and have a session with them. That seems more efficient than sending dozens of posts back and forth.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME