Topic: Babyface raises input volume of its own volition

I've got an old Babyface with up to date firmware, that's presented this issue every now and again since I've owned it and I haven't found a remedy. After a microphone is plugged into channel 2 and levels are set, the babyface begins raising the flashing LED volume indicator of its own volition. I record spoken word/podcasts and I've noticed this happens when it detects audio going into the mic. It's very odd, but I will have to record with one hand on the dial to dial back the input volume when the BF decides to raise it!

This doesn't happen every time I record, thankfully, but I was wondering if anyone had any clue what was going on? I use Logic X to record, and often have Zoom going on as well during podcasts.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2 (edited by waedi 2023-04-08 17:41:25)

Re: Babyface raises input volume of its own volition

Does this happen also when Logic and Zoom is off ?
Sound like you creating a feedback.
I would try to record one track into Logic only without any other audio-application running.
The problem persists ?
May be you just have to switch off input monitoring in Logic.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Re: Babyface raises input volume of its own volition

You're on a Mac. Zoom adjusts the mic gain or volume in the background, similar to Skype and others. Open Audio MIDI Setup, Audio window, select the BF and check the sliders. There might be a setting in zoom to disable this feature.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME