Topic: Switch between HDSP MADI and MadiFace laptop problem

Hallo,

I have two systems running on two laptops.
System 1 is a HDSP MADI card in a Magma 2 PCI chassi running on a XP laptop with
Samp 10.1, latest RME drivers, everything is working nice and stable!

System 2 is a MadiFace running on a Vista laptop, Samp 10.1 latest RME drivers,
also working nice and stable!

The problem is when I connect my Magma to the Vista computer and try to record more then
48ch, I get a dist sound if I have more then 50 playback ch ticked in Samps Audio play-
back devices, I also get a lot of ASIO errors.
If I enable 56 ch in rec audio dev (Samp) and just enable 50 playback devices,
then everything is working nice and I can record 56ch, but as soon as I enable ch 51-52
in playback dev then I have big problems.I don?t use playback while recording in Samp.
Is this a Vista problem or is it a driver problem?
Regards
Jazz

HDSP,HDSPe MADI,MADIface,Micstasy,ADI-8QS,642,MADIBridge,SSLMX4,PT10HDMADI,Samplitude 12,Sequoia 12

Re: Switch between HDSP MADI and MadiFace laptop problem

The answer lies in the way the PCI Magma is connected to the laptop. How is that done? If this envolves PCIe to PCI bridging it might explain the performance problems.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Switch between HDSP MADI and MadiFace laptop problem

MC wrote:

The answer lies in the way the PCI Magma is connected to the laptop. How is that done? If this envolves PCIe to PCI bridging it might explain the performance problems.

The Magma is connected to the Vista laptop with an Expresscard 54.
My laptops are both Asus, and as the XP laptop works perfectly with both the Magma and the Madiface, but with the Vista laptop only the Madiface works all the way.
???
Jazz

HDSP,HDSPe MADI,MADIface,Micstasy,ADI-8QS,642,MADIBridge,SSLMX4,PT10HDMADI,Samplitude 12,Sequoia 12