1 (edited by DAZZER 2023-04-10 01:19:58)

Topic: ADI-2 FS DAC & ADC simultaneously?

Hi!
How to use an ADI-2 FS DAC & ADC simultaneously with different sources?
I need to convert signal from mic preamp to digital out of ADI-2 (for the record), but in the same time I also need to play music through digital input of ADI-2 + mic signal from ADC on my monitors connected to line outputs of ADI-2.
Input selector gives only one option - Digital input OR Analog Input, but I need both in same time.
Thanks.

Re: ADI-2 FS DAC & ADC simultaneously?

Very confusing post and even more confused which unit or units you try to use. Note that none of these have an internal mixer - you can only monitor one source at a time.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

DAZZER, what product are you talking about? What is your setup, how are the devices connected?
Please describe the signal flow that you want to achieve.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

4 (edited by KaiS 2023-04-10 16:31:53)

DAZZER wrote:

... ADI-2 FS DAC & ADC simultaneously with different sources?
I need to convert signal from mic preamp to digital out of ADI-2 (for the record), but in the same time I also need to play music through digital input of ADI-2 + mic signal from ADC on my monitors connected to line outputs of ADI-2.
... Digital input ... Analog Input, ... I need both in same time.

Doing some detective work I found this former posting, that includes the answer in some way:

DAZZER wrote:

... owner of ADI-2FS, as a cheaper solution of ADI-2 Pro FS. I've also bought the Digiface USB to connect ADI-2FS to the laptop.
... output of Digiface USB in Totalmix, ...

Play the music from the laptop, or re-connect the digital music source to another port of Digiface USB, instead of ADI-2 FS’s digital input.

Then use TotalMix to mix the microphone and music signals.

5 (edited by DAZZER 2023-04-10 19:00:19)

Sorry, didn't mention the Digiface USB. The signal flow is:
https://ibin.co/7IbU0ol82z40.jpg https://ibin.co/7IbhMotnaimU.jpg
For example: I play Instrumental from PC, the singer is singing and controlling it through the phones, I control the singing with instrumental on monitors. Is it possible?

Yes, through TotalMix.
You could even use the routing function on Ableton, but TotalMix avoids the latency of software routing.

Just checked, it works. Thanks!