Topic: Will HDSP PCI card Rev 1.7 work properly with MultiFace II?

I've got two nearly identical PCs both running Windows 10 64-bit Pro. I have an HDSP PCI card Rev 1.9 running a MultiFace II & working quite nicely in one PC. I have an HDSP PCI card Rev 1.7 & have been semi successful running a Steinberg Nuendo AudioLink 96 (a rebranded MultiFace box). It's pretty flaky. Things are flashing in the software & on the IO box, so I was wondering if I would get proper functionality by replacing the Nuendo with an RME MulitFace II box. I have tried it for a few minutes & it seemed to work fine, but before I buy more gear or burn up what I have, I thought I'd ask.

Will the Rev 1.7 PCI card run the MultiFace II properly without burning either one or both up?

Thank you

Re: Will HDSP PCI card Rev 1.7 work properly with MultiFace II?

Yes, but the MF 2 may need external power supply with the older card.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you for the info. I greatly appreciate it. I know this my sound like a dumb question, but, how would I know if it needs the additional power? Will the output sound be distorted or low volume or something like that? There aren't many LEDs on box to look for dimming & the few that are on the front panel all go out when the box is successful booting up fully. Would it show up on the settings Window or something?

Is there a danger that the the PSU will cause problems with, the card, cable or  the electronics?

Thank you,

The Settings dialog would show "Disconnected". There is no danger involved.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME