Topic: HDSP 9652 headphone options?

Hi,

I've been running my HDSP9652  rig for a number of years with my Mackie D8b mixer via the 24ch of adat. I've recently moved to a new location and really haven't the room for my mixer right now. I've been mixing in the box and running SPDiF to my JBL's for monitoring, but now I need a way to also use my headphones and no longer have the option without the Mackie.

What are some compatible options available that I could use without having to spend a ton just to get the cans going? 
At some point I'll be where I can get the full rig set back up but for now I would like to just get it running without having to lose total mix and my midi.

Would Maybe adding a used 9632 in there also be an option?  IDK,,, Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated

also, running Win 10 x64  just to throw that out if it helps.

Thanks for your time
D.

Re: HDSP 9652 headphone options?

One good option for you is the Digiface USB.
It has all the ADAT connections for your Mackie and an additional headphone output at the device.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

One good option for you is the Digiface USB.
It has all the ADAT connections for your Mackie and an additional headphone output at the device.

The whole thing is that I cant use the Mackie right now.  If I were to replace the 9652 with this, I'll lose the Spdif coax sending to my JBLs, and the midi for my E-drums and Keys.  If I were to just add it,, that's min $500 for headphones... that's a bit high for me.
Thanks though  ;-)
D.

Unfortunately the analog expansions boards are not for the 9652 card afaik
https://www.rme-audio.de/de_expansion-boards.html

replacement options are not cheap. The AIO Pro would go.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Problem is it needs to be adat based, since switching to optical spdif copies the electrical spdif. If you have a hifi amp with phones output the cheapest adat adda will do like the Berhinger ada8200, but it does look like overkill indeed.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632