Topic: Babyface (original) + M2 Pro Mac not working after today's OS update

Hoping someone here can help. I updated my Mac this morning (now Ventura 13.3.1) and my Babyface has stopped working. Have tried reinstalling the drivers as per the RME instructions (which worked originally) but nothing. TotalMix and Fireface USB settings used to auto start, but now they don't. When I try and open Fireface USB settings, it immediately closes (icon appears in tray, then disappears).

Does anyone have any workarounds/fixes?? Getting desperate as of course I have deadlines when this happens! Cheers

2 (edited by waedi 2023-04-24 03:30:32)

Re: Babyface (original) + M2 Pro Mac not working after today's OS update

MacOS system preferences Security and privacy Microphone access enabled for Totalmix ?
Please check and enable if it is off.
And be sure the Babyface is not in CC Class-Compliant mode. Holding two buttons Select and Dim during powering up.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Re: Babyface (original) + M2 Pro Mac not working after today's OS update

Thanks so much for the suggestions mate, but I came back to the computer after lunch and it all started working perfectly again for no apparent reason.

If anyone has a similar issue, I reinstalled all the latest drivers etc, followed the instructions, restarted a bunch of times and nothing. Put it on sleep mode for a couple hours and it miraculously worked when I started it up again...so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯