1 (edited by artishard116 2023-05-04 08:52:37)

Topic: Feature Request: Fix SPDIF auto source select

Speaking specifically from my experience with a 2/4 Pro SE, running in DAC mode. The fact that Auto Source Select on the SPDIF input must be set back to Auto every time after manually selecting an input, makes it totally useless in a hifi/home theater scenario.

Because the unit can't automatically switch inputs when sensing an analog signal or sense a new digital signal while one is already active (hardware limitations?), one is forced to frequently manually select an input.

When doing this however, the Auto mode on SPDIF is lost. Which means for instance if I stream some music over coax and then switch to tv via optical (must be done manually), I then need to remember to reenable auto mode when I finish watching tv, so that the next time I power on the unit it will be ready to accept either signal.

It would be great to be able to lock the unit to auto mode somehow, so that manually selecting an input would only change it temporarily for that listening session.

Even better would be some way to auto sense and switch to an analog signal, the same way as spdif so one could freely switch between vinyl, tv, streaming, etc., without manually selecting inputs every time.