Topic: OSC status message for Groups Mute/Solo/Fader

Hey there,

I am new to OSC but managed to get my stream deck to mute and unmute Mute Groups using for example

/3/muteGroups/4/1

next thing I'd like to achieve is to receive a status message back indicating for example that Mute Group 1 is active.

Is this possible? I've tried monitoring OSC messages from Totalmix, but it doesn't seem to send any messages when Mute Group is activated/deactivated.

2 (edited by waedi 2023-05-10 16:22:20)

Re: OSC status message for Groups Mute/Solo/Fader

sure you configured all as explained by the user manual :

TotalMix FX OSC Service
 IP. Shows the network address of the
computer running TotalMix FX (local host). This address must be entered on the remote side.
 Host Name. Local computer name.
 Port incoming. Must match the remote entry ‘Port outgoing’. Typical values are
7001 or 8000.
 Port outgoing. Must match the remote
entry ‘Port incoming’. Typical values are 9001 or 9000.
Remote Control
 IP or Host name. Enter the IP or host
name of the remote control. Please note that the IP number usually works better than the host name.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Yes sure that's all good, I am able to mute and unmute via OSC, I just want to program a button on my stream deck to light up when a mute group is active.

It's easily achieved with the global mute /1/globalMute because the value is either 0 or 1.

but on Groups mute (/3/muteGroups/4/1) the value is toggle 1.0 so I don't get a feedback message from it.

But again I'm probably missing something somewhere... Ta

waedi wrote:

sure you configured all as explained by the user manual :

TotalMix FX OSC Service
 IP. Shows the network address of the
computer running TotalMix FX (local host). This address must be entered on the remote side.
 Host Name. Local computer name.
 Port incoming. Must match the remote entry ‘Port outgoing’. Typical values are
7001 or 8000.
 Port outgoing. Must match the remote
entry ‘Port incoming’. Typical values are 9001 or 9000.
Remote Control
 IP or Host name. Enter the IP or host
name of the remote control. Please note that the IP number usually works better than the host name.

4 (edited by soundflix 2023-05-19 22:30:20)

when you send
/3/muteGroups/4/1
you will receive
/3/muteGroups/4/0
or
/3/muteGroups/4/1

I guess you don't know how to receive OSC at all?
I can't tell you much more because I don't know how to set up OSC in Stream Deck Software. Are you using some plugin or Companion for OSC?