Topic: DC Detected warning in connection with certain songs // ADI-2 PRO FS R

Hello everyone,

i've got a problem with my ADI-2 PRO FS R. As I allready noticed in the past, it was possible to trigger "DC Detected (on Line OUT)" warning if I played certrain MP3. The time passed and I forgot about this, but today I found a song on Spotify that triggers this very same behaviour. So my question would be, is this behaviour possible? Because i'm pretty sure it happens not at random but in connection with certain song.

Greetings

2 (edited by KaiS 2023-05-12 11:14:12)

Re: DC Detected warning in connection with certain songs // ADI-2 PRO FS R

Yes, if this happens there is heavy DC in the track.

You can remove the erroneous DC by using ADI-2’s dedicated DC Filter:

• I/O / [...Output...] / Settings / Dig. DC Protection:”Filter”.

You can even switch the protection “Off”, but that is not recommended as the bad track’s DC can kill your headphones then.
The last thing you will hear from your ‘phones is “Click”, then nothing anymore.

mckenny12 wrote:

Hello everyone,

i've got a problem with my ADI-2 PRO FS R. As I allready noticed in the past, it was possible to trigger "DC Detected (on Line OUT)" warning if I played certrain MP3. The time passed and I forgot about this, but today I found a song on Spotify that triggers this very same behaviour. So my question would be, is this behaviour possible? Because i'm pretty sure it happens not at random but in connection with certain song.

Greetings

Why not download the latest manual and read the extensive chapter about DC and DC protection?

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2profsr_e.pdf

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

@Kais @MC

Thx for the information. Now ive read about it in the manual. But ive left DC Protection on,  without a filter. So I dont have to worry about filtered(changed) sound of the music. Normaly the most of the songs on the Spotify are without DC in the track.