Topic: Which drivers should I install?

Which drivers should be installed on MacOS 13.3 Ventura for my Babyface Pro FS?

• 05/12/2023 macOS 10.12 up to 10.15 driver for Fireface UFX / UFX+ / UFX III, UFX II, 802, UCX, UCX II, UC, Babyface, Babyface Pro, MADIface XT/USB/Pro, Digiface USB/AES/Dante/Ravenna driver_usb_mac_3222b2.zip

• 05/12/2023 macOS 11/12 USB Series DriverKit Driver driver_usbdk_mac_4082.zip

• 05/12/2023 macOS 11/12 USB Series Kernel Extension Driver driver_usb_mac_328b2.zip

Re: Which drivers should I install?

Hi
For sure not the first one on your list, it’s for macOS 10.12 - 10.15, not for versions 11 and above.
The other two should work for you. Version 3.28b2 is the kernel extension one, it’s how the drivers are programmed since many years. Due to new restrictions from Apple, you have to boot your Mac in recovery mode first to allow the installation and use of this driver.
Version 4.08 (2) is based on the newer Apple driver kit technology. Some users still are reporting issues with this driver, for me it works well so far (Babyface pro on M1 Mac mini).

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

Thanks oli77sch!

I need to uninstall all my drivers. Think I've installed them erroneously. How do I that?

The following instructions are from the readme coming with driver 4.08:

Note: A previously installed kernel extension driver, like 3.2x, does not need to be uninstalled. It will be overwritten automatically. After that you could set the system security back to normal, unless any other existing kernel extensions still need reduced security.
To go back to 3.2x: easiest method is to drag the Fireface USB Settings app found in the folder Applications to the trash can - only use the Finder for this action. With DriverKit this Settings dialog is a complete package, upon removal all driver files belonging to it will also be removed automatically. You will be asked for permission for the removal of the extensions (yes). If done simply reinstall the former 3.2x.
As an alternative, in case the above method unexpectedly does not work, RME also made a version of the 3.27 driver available that should reliably remove the DriverKit extension during its installation. Download here:
https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/driv … ac_327.zip

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2