Topic: Digicheck Windows (5.96 or 0.61 NG) -- how to get it working?

I have used the old Digicheck before and it was working before (end 2022). I have now downloaded the current Digicheck version 5.96 for Windows and installed it on a new PC. When I start the program I am asked to input a temp folder, which I do. Then the program window appears for a fraction of a second and disappears. I tried rebooting the computer, choosing another scratch folder, but nothing works.

Interface is a Babyface Pro FS with version 203 firmware (current) and TM 1.81 (also current). The interface works fine otherwise.

I also tried the new Digicheck NG, which opens fine, but I can not configure it to get any signal shown. "Audio device setup" does not show any interface. Under "Instruments - Input selection" I was able to choose "2: ASIO Interface USB", but still no signal was shown. When I now enter that option I can not even choose the ASIO interface, but only get the message "2: Not assigned". :-(

Re: Digicheck Windows (5.96 or 0.61 NG) -- how to get it working?

Can you proof that the Babyface ASIO driver is present and works? What you describe typically means it is not there.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I was surprised about "proofing" that the ASIO driver is present and working. I updated to the latest versions (already mentioned) and TM opens and works fine, the Fireface USB settings dialog shows no problems and displays the correct (latest) firmware and driver versions and the Win system sound was working.

By chance I was not using an ASIO app yesterday, so I started one today and indeed the ASIO driver was not shown there as well (Cantabile and S-Gear standalone). Really strange. How can that happen?

I then "reinstalled" the very same driver which was already installed and after the reboot of Windows it asks for ASIO was working again. How could it happen that only WDM was working and ASIO not? I never experienced a problem like that before.

Now both Digicheck versions (old and NG) are working fine.

Discussed here several times already:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 05#p197305

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 76#p200376

Etc.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I now have read all posts and follow-ups. We are not supposed to read the forum before updating drivers, are we? ;-)

Kidding aside. I did of course reboot after the driver installation. Maybe the problem was the I used "Restart" instead of "Shut down" and then starting again!? In the readme it just states rebooting and no further note that this might not be enough and "cold start" is needed.