Topic: Does solo override mute on the UFX III

Just wondering if the new FireFace UFX III has the same limitation as the UFX II & UFX+ where solo wouldn't override mute.

MADI FX, Fireface UFX+, ADI-648, HDSPe RayDAT, ADI-192 DD

Re: Does solo override mute on the UFX III

Yes, but not sure whether this can be called a limitation.
It might be useful to make this configurable.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Does solo override mute on the UFX III

ramses wrote:

Yes, but not sure whether this can be called a limitation.
It might be useful to make this configurable.

Yeah, if it were configurable it'd be considered additional functionality. That being said, I was informed that it could not be added to the UFX+.

I guess at that point it depends on what you need. I'd like solo to override mute, so I can mute a source in my monitor mix but still record the source. Group mute is an alternative that works per submix, but I'm looking at over a dozen software playback channels that I loop back to record and there are only 4 group mutes.

It's not actually a problem for me these days because I route my UFX+ into a MADI FX, where solo overrides mute and I have 64 physically looped back channels. But I've got a buddy who was thinking of buying a UFX III to be used as a hub for everything, like I use my MADI FX.

Best case scenario for me would be the option to globally mute or mute a source on just the selected submix. Then I would not personally need solo to override mute. From what I can tell solo override is the only way to do this at scale right now, on the interfaces that support it.

MADI FX, Fireface UFX+, ADI-648, HDSPe RayDAT, ADI-192 DD