1 (edited by pmumble 2023-06-01 07:47:08)

Topic: UFX II DC Coupled Outs

Hello,

I'm in the market for an RME interface, but one of the reasons would be to get a number of CV outs for use with modular. I notice the UCX II and UFX III both have fully DC coupled outputs, but the UFX II only has this for the headphone outs.

I guess the UFX II is one step behind in the product cycle? Has there been any word of an updated UFX II? Neither the UCX nor UFX fit my use case as well as the number of outs on the UFX II.

Thanks.

2 (edited by ramses 2023-05-31 09:47:45)

Re: UFX II DC Coupled Outs

Nothing known about an UFX II upgrade to support DC coupled outputs (not inputs).

Note: in the case of the UFX III this was not the only change that has been introduced with the UFX III, see e.g.:
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 70#p202170

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks. Considering the Digiface USB with a couple Ferrofish 16 CV now as well.

Also thanks for the correction on the ins. Changed topic as not to be confusing.

You're welcome wink

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

The currently shipping UFX II has the analog board of the UFX III (before it had the analog board of the UFX+). Means same DC coupled outputs. Unfortunately the only way to differentiate them is the firmware version, listed as Fireface UFX II (Hw. Rev. 7): USB 203 DSP 14 CC 205.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the information. You say "analog board". Does it also include the new features
- track names for DURec,
- remappable and lockable keys,
- both ADAT ports switchable to optical S/PDIF?

No.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

The currently shipping UFX II has the analog board of the UFX III (before it had the analog board of the UFX+). Means same DC coupled outputs. Unfortunately the only way to differentiate them is the firmware version, listed as Fireface UFX II (Hw. Rev. 7): USB 203 DSP 14 CC 205.

Oh wow, thank you for this information. That's very encouraging.

I wonder if this firmware corresponds to any serial range or other identifier that could be known from the packaging? I'm assuming not or you would have mentioned if so. My Sweetwater rep may become annoyed with my purchases and returns soon. smile

I went with a Raydat in the end. Thanks again.

pmumble wrote:

I went with a Raydat in the end. Thanks again.

A good and flexible card, congrats, good choice.

12 (edited by all 2023-11-10 16:33:58)

MC wrote:

hi Mc, i just bought yesterday a brand new ufx II (at THO) in replacement of my ufx that died... (mother board crashed)

how can i know which model is it ?

i tried to get it : in fireface usb setting it says  ufxII "24143779" //// firmware  v202  driver V2.23 (under osx10.9.5) . in the hardware : setup/rev / option /hard diag : SW 14//// 03/2021

in the flash update informations it shows 3 types of ufx :

Fireface UFX II, Hw Rev A: USB 23, DSP 14, CC 12
Fireface UFX II, Hw Rev E: USB 111, DSP 14, CC 108
Fireface UFX II, Hw Rev 7: USB 203, DSP 14, CC 204

i'm a bit lost....

also : i kept the previous totalmix version / FF usb setting of the ufx, it is working, but is it ok ?

bertrand

You answered your own question: 202 is REV7, update it to 203 now. Save all mix data as workspaces and update driver/TM FX to the latest one.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

thank you !

15 (edited by kobalt 2024-04-14 00:29:44)

Hi MC,

I bought a Fireface UFX II from my retailer yesterday. I was well aware of the recent silent revision. As my retailer was not aware of it, I found this page and had it opened on my phone hoping to check the FW version in store with him on the unit he had on display. Unfortunately he was not able to install USB settings on his (very) old pc. As the two UFX II he had in stock had been delivered to him only 1,5 month ago (!!!) I guessed these would be the final HW rev and decided to give it a shot and take one with me to try at home...

How disappointing to discover that firmware was v23 after unboxing and now V26 after update. My understanding is that it is HW Rev A (not even Rev E nor the latest Rev 7)... Am I right?

If so, I am returning it, hoping to get a replacement for the last revision quick, and if not a full refund. When spending 2100€ in 2024 on a high end product there should not be any possible doubt for the customer whether he gets the latest 2023 hw rev or the 2017 one...

That raises the question where he got these. We do not ship that version for a longer time already...2 years or so...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you for the quick confirmation. I hope I will find a suitable solution for replacement/downgrade/upgrade/refund with the shop.