1 (edited by manzara 2023-06-11 08:34:45)

Topic: Bug in DigiCheck NG: Global Level Meter not restoring state

I have encountered a bug in DigiCheck NG, both in version 0.891 and 0.90b5. I am running this software on an Intel Mac Pro (2019), with the latest OS installed (Ventura 13.4).

When I start up DigiCheck, it does not restore the Global Level Meter Input Selection to my settings, where I have made channels 1 - 6, and 13-14 "active", and all the other channels inactive (unchecked). I have examined the lastState.Analyser.xml file, and it appears that these settings are recorded in the file. However, the application does not restore these settings when it starts up.

I can restore the settings using a "workspace" that I have created using the "file" menu item , but this is an awkward extra step that prevents me from fully automating the startup of my studio audio system. Note that double clicking on the .dcws file does not properly restore the state either.

Can someone confirm that they have also encountered this bug? And will RME be issuing a bug fix for this problem?

Re: Bug in DigiCheck NG: Global Level Meter not restoring state

I'm sure they will fix it, if it's confirmed... WHEN IT'S TIME.

Digicheck NG is still in BETA... meaning it's not ready, it's not for production use and there are quite a lot of stuff still to do on basic level so squashing bugs is not propably on the highest priority until version 1.0 is released.

Obviously they'll deal with show stopping bugs that they know of during the beta so that version 1.0 can be FUNCTIONALLY in a state that it can be relased.

Beta is stage for testing, reporting bugs and testing again as soon as new beta comes around. smile

icchan wrote:

I'm sure they will fix it, if it's confirmed... WHEN IT'S TIME.

Digicheck NG is still in BETA... meaning it's not ready, it's not for production use and there are quite a lot of stuff still to do on basic level so squashing bugs is not propably on the highest priority until version 1.0 is released.

Obviously they'll deal with show stopping bugs that they know of during the beta so that version 1.0 can be FUNCTIONALLY in a state that it can be relased.

Beta is stage for testing, reporting bugs and testing again as soon as new beta comes around. smile

As a software developer for over 30 years, I am well aware of the purpose of a beta release and the nature of the iterative software development lifecycle. My post was intended to let the developers at RME know about this bug, and to inquire as to when users can expect a fix.

You seem to think that this is a trivial sort of bug, but restoring the state of a program to what it was when last used is a basic requirement of any modern, high-quality application, something I'm sure the developers at RME are keenly aware of.

Thanks for the note, we reproduced and will fix that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I can confirm that this issue has been fixed with Version 0.90 (1). Many thanks to the RME team for squashing the bug!