Topic: 1st Time-User TotalMix FX Working but unresponsive

Hello!

I just bought a Digiface Dante and I'm having a strange issue with TotalMix FX. When I open it, I can see that it's working because I see the meters working. But when I click anywhere in the application screen, I just hear my Windows System error and get no response from TMFX.

Any ideas of how to fix this? Thanks!

Re: 1st Time-User TotalMix FX Working but unresponsive

Options - Preferences - Lock User interface. This option disables all controls except for those in the blue field and the routing menu below the faders. Is that the case? If not - driver and TM FX version? DF Dante firmware version (not Dante but RME)?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by j0hnt3nnant 2023-06-19 18:13:48)

Thanks for the help. Part of the problem is that I can't actually open any of the menus. Clicking anywhere in the app's screen just gives me a Windows error sound. Here are the requested version numbers:

TMFX Version (from the Properties of the TotalMixFX.exe file) is: 0.1.8.3
DF Dante Hardware Revision is: 56

I downloaded and performed the firmware update for the DF Dante.

One thing that strikes me as odd: Does it make sense that my 'control panel' for the DF Dante says "MADIface Series Settings" on it? I downloaded the drivers from the DF Dante product page... seems odd that this app doesn't say "Digiface Series Settings" or something similar instead. Maybe they're equivalent? Not sure if that's the cause of this issue or not, but figured I'd mention it.

Thanks again for the help!

I solved this. I had installed the wrong driver, I guess. (?)

I had installed "driver_madinet_win_09821_09570.zip" because it's at the top of the driver list and says it's for Digiface Dante. I just downloaded and installed "driver_madiface_win_09821.zip" instead and now, Total Mix FX is working as it should.

I'm not sure why there are two versions, but in case anyone else out there has the same trouble, try installing the other version! smile

j0hnt3nnant wrote:

Hello!

I just bought a Digiface Dante and I'm having a strange issue with TotalMix FX. When I open it, I can see that it's working because I see the meters working. But when I click anywhere in the application screen, I just hear my Windows System error and get no response from TMFX.

Any ideas of how to fix this? Thanks!

Go into the systray, right click on TM FX - Exit. Restart the computer or just TM FX and it will work from now on.

Background: it turned out that since version 1.80 TM FX freezes on first-time installs (and only those) because the configuration files in Users/User/AppData/Local/TotalMixFX do not yet exist - they will be written on the first exit of TM FX. This will be fixed in an update in the next days.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Another customer just solved this by accessing Totalmix menus with the keyboard, Alt-F (after I asked him whether that worked).
Now the mouse works as well, no restart...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

There are several workarounds. You could also right click TM FX in the systray and add an offline device - TM FX then works, no restart either. Anyway, fix will come.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

8 (edited by Szaszem 2023-06-23 12:20:29)

Hi, I figured out that it is relevant what you do first - if you install drivers AFTER you plugged in your unit, TotalMixFX will show up and you can't do anything with it. I resolved it by shutdown, plug out the device, restart and then plug in again the device.

Exactly, that's another known workaround.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME